• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Mighty the Armadillo Remake, New Beta WAD Available!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the blue eyes look pretty good, but as for the issue of not being able to tell, I prefer that the eye colors are pretty much inconspicuous anyway at a distance.

Well, I just downloaded this. I rarely download character WADs, mainly because there's little use for them. This is one that actually doesn't fail. Of course, all of your character WADs are decent, Diet Dr. Pepper: Caffeine Free. What? That's the kind I drink.

Anyway, I thought the cute look from the back frame of Mighty didn't fit, but then I realized that's how it's supposed to look. Good job on this.

Yea, I usually don't download character wads either, but this one was actually worth the download. Good job there.

Thanks for comments guys, it's good to know Mighty's not failing at being different. :)
JEV3 said:
I think the blue eyes look pretty good, but as for the issue of not being able to tell, I prefer that the eye colors are pretty much inconspicuous anyway at a distance.
Makes sense to me, he'll have the blue eyes he has now then. :)
[offtopic]Diet DrPepper doesn't taste half bad if you ask me, and I actually prefer Diet Coca Cola over the regular Coke. =P[/offtopic]

No way Dr.pepper sugar is everything thats why i drink either sprite or Vault. It gets me bouncin off the walls and a free sugar rush. What a nice combo.

I just got Sonic Heroes working on my XP install a while back STHE1230, so I'm using Omega from that game as a reference for the fourth attempt at making him walk correctly. (Youtube vids are the worst possible references for me to use, so the last three attempts looked really strange. >_<) I hope to have it done by tonight or tomorrow.
Ground The Fox said:
Hey Dr. P, after you work on Mighty, you could work at rayman
I canned Rayman and gave my standing sprite to Chrome. So bug him about Rayman and not me. ;) *shot*
Luisete said:
NO HE MUST DO FOR ME A SEPHIROTH WAD! *falconpunched*
Sephiroth just sucks, he's an evil lunatic, okthxbye. *shot*

Sorry I haven't made much progress recently, been busy with other stuff. :P
Anyway, I want to know what everyone thinks of these dark blue eyes, and I might have found a way around recoloring Mighty's shell, take a look...
MITYA1-5.png
MITYA2A8-2.png
MITYA3A7-2.png
MITYA4A6-1.png
MITYA5-1.png

If this is good, I'll go with that as I work on his walking frames.

Well, nobody else had any objections, so I went ahead and reshaded/recolored all of the sprites. Now all that's left to do is head movement on his walking frames, and you know what that means. =P
EDIT BUMP: w00t
I cannot believe how easy it is to do head movement on the walking frames! :D After taking a closer look at SSN's Sonic while watching it animated, I noticed that all of the frames only need 3 different heads for each angle instead of 8. Now I have no good excuse to be lazy about doing it.
Here's the front walking sprites. It needs more work around the shell, but what do you guys think?
1-8.gif

Edit: Forgot to mention I'm going to be gone all weekend. I might have Wifi so I can keep up with this place using DSOrganize, but might not be able to bring my PC with me. So Mighty's walking frames will probably get finished in UAPaint on my DS. >_<

nitro_the_hedghog said:
You thought it took 8 frames?
el oh el
Yes I was that crazy, :P the smooth animation of SRB2 Sonic's sprites is convincing at a glance. @_@

Anyway, I have a beta for you guys! :D I still haven't made the bubble breath frames yet and the walking frames need a little more work, but the sprites have been reshaded and the eyes changed to blue. :) Now he shouldn't have problems changing colors. :P Will edit in some pics soon, I really need some feedback with the new head movement on the walking frames.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ggaxxmxxzrm
Mighty2.png

Mighty3.png

Mighty1.png

Mighty.png

Edit: Wtf photobucket? D:

Do you mean the link to the WAD or the images? If it's the images, yes, I'm typing in the right codes it gives me and it's still screwing up, I hope this isn't a problem on my end...

Wow this is very odd, all the screenshots work individually, cept when I tried to post them all at once or even just 2 it did the photobucket removed thing.

Aha got them working now, not usre what's up with the MB but it seems to oddly say that Photobucket removed the images if there's no text break between pics. Might wanna bug Cue or someone about it.

Mighty3.png

Image breaker to see if second works

Mighty2.png

image breaker 2

Mighty1.png

3rd braker

Mighty.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back