Why does everyone hate Sonic Lost World?

KnucklesNoChuckles

Mod enthusiast, chief idiot
Seriously, I loved it as a kid. The only 2 things I didn't like were the multi-lock on and the levels that were entirely rail grinding. Why does everyone hate it so much?

eh its more so the ds lost world i dont like (might have to do with it having the worst special stage in any sonic game)

Last edited:
It's alright. I just don't like the Mario galaxy style part. Other than that, it's fine.

After Generations, people really just wanted another Boost game on that level with all original levels. They decided to change the entire formula instead, so understandably fans were not very impressed.

Dude, theres a RUN. BUTTON. i dont think i have to further explain myself, like-- where is the momentum?

Because sonic fans are impatient, that's also why people don't like Sonic 1.

HOT TAKE: Labyrinth is fine, the music is good, and I don't mind the slow water because I like avoiding the spikes and stuff, the boss is tense too, you don't even need to defeat Robotnik to beat it. (Bit off topic but I needed to get that off my chest)

Because sonic fans are impatient, that's also why people don't like Sonic 1.

HOT TAKE: Labyrinth is fine, the music is good, and I don't mind the slow water because I like avoiding the spikes and stuff, the boss is tense too, you don't even need to defeat Robotnik to beat it. (Bit off topic but I needed to get that off my chest)
fair.

It's alright. I just don't like the Mario galaxy style part. Other than that, it's fine.
The reason I say this is because(Please don't hurt me lol-) I've never had the greatest outlook on Mario Galaxy. I never liked the idea of the whole level being on a single sphere. It's just so...odd, to me. Not to say it wasn't innovative.

Personally, I don't like the game because when I played it for the first time, it did a very bad job of teaching the controls. The first time I played, so I got stuck in the battle against Zavok for hours. After that, I didn't want to see the game even in painting.

Also, there's the fact that the story dropped a lot in quality, even by the standards of the era. It tells you this from someone who wasn't bothered by the story of Sonic Colors. The problem is that all the characters spent their time fighting, and that seemed annoying to me. The worst offender being Tails, who I wanted to shut up all the time, since everything he said was annoying and he only spent his time fighting with Sonic and Eggman for reasons that seem stupid to me. How can a game make me dislike my own favorite character? I don't know, but that game did it.

Apart from that, I think the game had much more potential, given that the gameplay was very good in my opinion, I really liked the idea of parkour, so I would like a sequel someday.

Yeah, I can see the bosses being annoying, I died AFTER beating Zavok. I loved the story and humor though, it was my favorite part. I also think the run button mechanic was nice since it was easier to control in a game like lost world. Though it was also my first modern sonic game, and generations was my second, so maybe I'm biased.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back