What version of openGL do I use and where can I find an installer or driver?

LeanelXD

Rain World fan and favorite mod SRB2 infinity
As it says in the title, what version of OpenGL should I use for the SRB2 and the part where I can find it, it's because I've had it the day before yesterday and yesterday Googling "OpenGL offline installer" or just an installer more than anything works for me, which I don't understand because my PC is a desktop PC and has Windows 7 64-bitSo if anyone knows please tell me

Modern OS come with OpenGL preinstalled at this point, however faulty or old drivers might not work with it properly, or if you have an old enough graphics card it won't be able to make use of later versions of OpenGL.

Modern OS come with OpenGL preinstalled at this point, however faulty or old drivers might not work with it properly, or if you have an old enough graphics card it won't be able to make use of later versions of OpenGL.
I watched a video and I already saw that to install it I must know the model of my processor (since I don't have a graphics card) and then on the page download the version of the drivers, or something like that, I don't remember exactly, but meh

OpenGL is an API for communicating with your graphic drivers to render things to screen.
This is bundled with the game, not something you are supposed to install.

Your hardware has specifications for up to what version of OpenGL it supports, declaring what kind of functions it is able to run and execute. (Though I think that actually comes from the drivers, not the hardware itself...)
You can update your graphics drivers (including your processor's integrated graphics) through their official page (If you've got something from Intel, then intel's support pages should have links to download drivers. If you've got ATI or NVidia... you get the idea), which in turn may be able to upgrade up to what version of OpenGL it supports.

I don't quite remember what's the exact version SRB2 supports at minimum, but it's somewhere after OpenGL 2.0.
Laptops, particularly older ones, don't normally tend to support newer OpenGL versions and are stuck around 1.x or early 2.x.

has Windows 7 64-bit
Windows 7 is end-of-life (EOL), meaning that it's dead and harms your security. I recommend you upgrade your operating system, either to a GNU/Linux operating system (more tips and choices here) or to the latest Windows. I recommend Rufus to create a USB drive with the installer of the operating system you choose (it can even download Windows 11 and Windows 10 for you). If you choose to upgrade to the latest Windows, Rufus will offer you some minor, safe tweaks to the Windows installer to disable Microsoft's requirement of a Microsoft account, disable the spying/telemetry options that show in the installation, disable the arbitrarily high system requirements of Windows 11, etc.; I also recommend O&O ShutUp10++ to disable all the spying/telemetry on Windows and make it run much faster (also check this by the same company).

I can't play OpenGL. My PC has a GPU that strangely is broken, as it works, but the Drivers are strange... No matter what driver version I use, it is stuck at OpenGL 1.1. By the way, it is a Microsoft Intel (R)G41 Express Chipset. (WDM 1.1)

I can't play OpenGL. My PC has a GPU that strangely is broken, as it works, but the Drivers are strange... No matter what driver version I use, it is stuck at OpenGL 1.1. By the way, it is a Microsoft Intel (R)G41 Express Chipset. (WDM 1.1)
Possibly it happens because the motherboard or the processor is old, or it could also be something in the system.
Post automatically merged:

People, I already found a solution to my case:threat:, I already checked and it was that I had to look for the page of the motherboard that I have (an MS-7508)And from a page with the drivers for this motherboard, download the graphics driver or drivers for my version of Windows and then in my case using Drive Booster, install it, if someone else has the Same problem because I recommend that with direct x installed you use the program that may come installed, which is dxdiag,To tell them what model your motherboard is, then they search for it on Google and look for a page, either the official one for the card or one that stores the drivers to download and install them.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back