What do you think is the most underrated Sonic song?

LuminousNeon

Ideally Imperfect
What do you think is the most underrated Sonic song?
My pick would be 'So much more' from Sonic and sega all-stars racing.
It's such an emotional song for a racing game.

Maybe just nostalgia speaking but "you're my hero" is barely talked about despite being the very first vocal theme in the Sonic series.

I think a lot of Crush 40 covers of songs like Sonic Boom and His World can be considered underrated

"Sonic Boom" from Sonic CD.
Really? Although i can see where your coming from. I didn't get into the song until I heard this remix in Green Hill Paradise Act 2

It's technically not a "Song" but the Chaos Angel Zone theme often gets overlooked these days. The whole Advance 3 OST is a real banger, but Chaos Angel really stands out for sounding so mysterious and ominous.

It's technically not a "Song" but the Chaos Angel Zone theme often gets overlooked these days. The whole Advance 3 OST is a real banger, but Chaos Angel really stands out for sounding so mysterious and ominous.
Oh, Yeah.
Chaos Angel is super good.

May I point your attention to this remix.

I feel like the Sky Base Zone theme would be great if it was brought to it's full potential elsewhere. In general, Sky Base Zone is a great final zone held back by it's status of being for Sonic 1 8-bit.

If by "songs" here you mean vocals, then in that case I virtually never see anybody talk about the level and boss themes in Secret Rings (ones besides Let the Speed Mend It). I didn't have a Wii either, so it took me until just now to listen to most of these myself. I can probably understand why there's surprisingly little mention given to these songs when some such as Dinosaur Jungle's "The Wicked Wild" in particular coming to mind with pretty amusing lyrics that repeat the fact that dinos all over, it's a jungle, the wicked wild, YO!! Too funky... not a lot of truer words have been spoken

In terms of underrated Sonic music in general, and not just things with lyrics, I suppose some Master System and Game Gear tracks aren't brought up very often, like Meta Junglira - like it's kinda really darn good how that's only 8-bit, I think.

I'm sorry but is this thread about songs (with an actual singer) or musics in the series?
Because I really want to talk about many of them but I also don't want to spam/flood this thread.

If we're talking about the Advance Trilogy (+Battle) I'd say that I like many of the themes despite the GBA limitations (especially because Tatsuyuki Maeda and Yutaka Minobe are really underrated composers to me as well as Hideaki Kobayashi for Sonic Advance 3 because he's one of my favorite composer since Phantasy Star Online).

For Advance 1 I like Neo Green Hill (especially act 2) because it's a great starting theme for a new sub-series and an interesting take on the Green Hill/Beach theme. I also like Egg Rocket and Cosmic Angel (being basically the second act) as well as the boss of that level.

But if we're speaking of underrated themes there's X-zone (which is sadly ignored because you encounter a boss very soon, like in Sonic 2 in a way)
And its 3rd boss: Egg X
Post automatically merged:

I feel like sonic forces ost is underrated and really catchy
I personally still think it's inferior to what we got (except Sonic Lost World but then again we got See Bottom Segue in it which is a great theme as well as the final boss one despite how lame it was.)

But I do agree that my favorite track from it is Egg Gate which I find to be the best level in the game (despite how short and linear it is), especially in the fan-made Genesis remix (or demix if you prefer).
Post automatically merged:

"Sonic Boom" from Sonic CD.
Well I still prefer Toot-Toot Sonic Warrior (aka You Can Do Anything) because I still prefer the Japanese ost overal but I do love the ending version of that theme a lot (especially since I played that one SRB2 mod)

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back