Tips and Resources for newer sprite makers.

Tips and Resources for newer sprite makers.

Restless Dipstick

A guy that exists
Restless Dipstick submitted a new resource:

Tips and Resources for newer sprite makers. - An armature doing his best to help out newer soon-to-be sprite makers,

I've seen a lot of people struggling with making sprites for their projects for a number of reasons, from not knowing where to start, or thinking they can't because of whatever device they have, to having trouble with nailing SRB2's current artstyle, so on and so forth. So, I would like to try and give any advice I can, However, I know I'm far from the best of the best when it comes both to sprite making, and trying to teach stuff, so I would appreciate it if those of you more experienced...

Read more about this resource...

Well for me its not the how, be the speed, of spriting, i know you say not to compare but jana clearly has some tricks that must have made her sprites easier to make, as the borders and stuff arent really pixel perfect or anything.

For me, my biggest problem is I don't know how I want to/should start, as in ideal sprite sizes, how I should structure them, etc. I've searched for a long while in the hopes of finding a SRB2 sprite sheet template, but to no avail. Heck, I haven't even found much on what size I should use, almost as if I'm just expected to figure that out myself. Closest I've seen to templates are with SRB2Kart, but being on Android makes these completely useless for me.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back