• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Tiny Sonic. he is two sauces long. (hiatus again sorry)

El-fire

i am a toaster
the title says it all...

srb20047.png

yup thats me... your probably wondering how i got here? well i jumped on this fence and sat down.

so this project started last year cause i felt like making the smallest sonic sprites for something else and then i wanted to make him into a character so i got started.

srb20048.png he small.

he sit alot srb20050.png

Abilities for now:
srb20004.gif Dash Mode. run for a bit and now your faster you know how this works.

Multi-Thok. srb20005.gif do that. idk if this is gonna stay

srb20006.gif Run on Water. inspired by mini Mario. also just running on water is cool.

Planned features: Climbing. since he small he has small speed and jump height so at some point (when i finally stop procrastinating and learn LUA) he will CLIMB!!! he will be able to climb walls like Knuckles except without the Glide cause yes. idk yet if he will be able to climb on everything or have the same restrictions as Knuckles we will see.

Piggy backing. press (idk something) near a player and watch as Tiny TELEPORTS onto they're head within a flash! cause game feel.
how it may look:
sit.png
use if you dont feel like playing the game. you could also just play another game but whatever.

Super form. have a big anime sword... ye.

maybe some secrets mmmmmMMMM?

KNOWN BUGS:

underwater springs weird: srb20008.gif doesnt take him as far as they should.

can go through some walls: (i ran out of file space ill probably show the rest of the gifs as a reply) sometimes he can just walk though too easily but sometimes you need a bit effort with some walls.

doesnt like techno hills goo. he cant stand on the goo he just bounces forever so no jumping out.

im pretty sure these problems happen cause hes so small so idk how i could fix those... maybe when i learn LUA i could probably fix all that... yes im basically trying to get myself to get to learning it already DO IT ME!!!

srb20011.gif
hes been fun to work on (mostly the sprites) im really happy with what ive done so far, things can only get better from here... i hope. hes meant to be more of a chill character since this is gonna be my first time using LUA so im trying not to be too ambitious. he was gonna have the ability to take Flickys out of robots and take they're place and be able to control any robot while that sounds cool i feel like its a little ambitious so for now that plan is on hold. idk how often ill be posting on this thread im not working on him all the time since i got a life to live as well so ye dont expect an update every day or every week or something. "this projects only dead when i say its dead" so dont assume its dead if i havent said anything for a bit i hope you understand. feel free to ask questions if you want im all ears. no begging for this to come out already if you read the rules you should know this already if not, go take a peep at the forum rules would ya? though thats assuming if this mod is popular enough for people to start begging but you never know! gotta be prepared for everything! ive learned that.

so ye i guess thats it for this first post so theres one last thing left to say.srb20002.gif

SMS IS COOL!

ˢᵒ ᵐᵃⁿʸ ᵍᶦᶠˢ ᶦᵐ ˢᵒʳʳʸ ᵇᵘᵗ ᵃˡˢᵒ ⁿᵒᵗ ˢᵒʳʳʸ ˡᵒˡ
Post automatically merged:

"can go through some walls": srb20009.gif

the "doesnt like goo" gif is too big :(

dont worry, the bois are here to cheer you up srb20052.png

Last edited:
Pretty interesting idea.
Regarding the underwater spring issue, isn't it just Tiny falling too fast? I honestly have no idea what did you actually do here, but to me it seems like him falling as if he was twice as heavy is the reason behind this. It's probably the same with the goo issue as well (I can imagine this fast falling forcing him to dive into the goo again when he should've just landed on its surface)

Pretty interesting idea.
Regarding the underwater spring issue, isn't it just Tiny falling too fast? I honestly have no idea what did you actually do here, but to me it seems like him falling as if he was twice as heavy is the reason behind this. It's probably the same with the goo issue as well (I can imagine this fast falling forcing him to dive into the goo again when he should've just landed on its surface)
that sounds like good theory, all i did was make his hitbox smaller there's no weight modifier unless there is and i just dont know about it. my sister actually did a little bit of playtesting and she also says he falls pretty fast which i never noticed he seemed to fall at a normal pace idk maybe its the gifs weird speed being faster than it is when i actually play the game, maybe its just me, maybe tiny had a bit too many chilidogs, idk ill figure that all out at some point.

hi this project is going on a bit of a hiatus i guess cause i have not really started learning lua yet but i will at some point! in the mean time have these new sprites i made, sharing sprite progress is gonna be hard for him huh? HES SO TINY ITS BOTH A BLESSING AND A CURSE WHY DID I DO THIS!?!?!? oh ye cause its fun :P
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif
cya when i actually make some bigger progress.

Hey, if you need Lua help, I think I might be able to lend a hand!
That said, if you feel like a small hiatus is needed, then go for it.

Hey, if you need Lua help, I think I might be able to lend a hand!
That said, if you feel like a small hiatus is needed, then go for it.
that would be nice if your up for it. i still wanna try to actually learn how to code so im not just drawing, i at least wanna learn how to make him climb without the glide.

ok so i have barely made any progress on Tiny sonic for the past few months though thats because i dont really wanna code i tried learning i really did but its just not for me so ive been just making sprites but eventually i need some moves to actually apply those sprites to so here goes if im allowed to do this. if anyone would like to help me on my quest to make Tiny Sonic then dont be afraid to ask if you can code and your good at that then your in! if im not allowed to ask this then i remove this comment ive read the rules a few times and this part is a little confusing if this is allowed or not but i will do some work of my own so hopefully this is fine. so again if you wanna help then dont be afraid to ask!

Tiny sonic has a coder! and its a person who asked before but i didnt know what i was doing and didnt really fully recruit them at first even though i really did need their help and now they asked again and this time i did and they are cool and awesome ye! its @Tanooki116 they are helping with Tiny Sonic and im very happy and excited a! we will show some progress when the progress is ready.

ok @Tanooki116 has made the Wall run. this replaces the Climbing idea cause this was way cooler.
srb20008.gif

he run on de wall (ignore the phasing through fence you are seeing things :] ) moar gif.
srb20009.gif

due to this his jamp height is lowered to how i wanted it to be in the first place idk if its noticeable i just had trouble changing the jamp height. also he has lost his multithok but kinda still has it with like a wall jump feature.
srb20010.gif

thats all for now so... gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bye!

i misspelled jumpfactor in the s-skin file.

ammmmmyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.png

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back