Thoughts on a new Sonic fighting game in the future?

Restless Dipstick

A guy that exists
I love fighting games. If there's any genre that can rival platformers as my favorite game genre, it's fighting games. So, of course, I'd love to see the idea of a new Sonic fighting game come to life one day, especially since so many characters introduced over the years could lead to many unique movesets. The recent fangame, Sonic Smackdown is enough to prove to me that there's definitely enough interest out there for a new Sonic fighting game, so if we did get one, what would you want to see from it? I personally would like to see a full on Sonic the Fighters 2, keeping the same Fighting Vipers-type gameplay, but taking a lot more from recent fighting games, like Tekken's various layouts for it's stages, or some sorta meter for EX Specials and Supers. Also, tag team mode, 'cause those are always great.

I'd definitely love to see a new official Sonic fighting game similar to Smackdown. Especially since recently I've been playing lots of Street Fighter and BlazBlue.
You play BlazBlue? Which one? I'm playing Guilty Gear.

As for Sonic, I'd expect Sega to make a more party game-like a la Sonic Battle, it would be much better with a "true 3D" and more characters.

I think a sonic the fighter remastered could be door as its originality is gud
Was Sonic the Fighter any good? I tried it but it was confusing.

I was glad to see the Hooligans and Espio (even if there is no reasons why Mighty nor Vector was in as well).

I'd be down whether it be something like an anime fighter or even say another shot at something like Sonic the Fighters also. I say that since that game has (and still does have) a small scene going with online tourneys becoming a little more common. Though it'd be hard to say if a StF 2 would have the same roster plus some new characters especially with the divide of classic and modern... Probably would lean more into classic but it'd be neat to see a StF type game that's a bit more fleshed out...

...Maybe also a third Fighting Vipers with it also.

i would like a sonic the fighters sequel, but thats likely not gonna happen since sega hasnt touched sonic the fighters in a long time

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back