After a mysterious rift tore open in the sky in Sonic's world, it began to send out weirdly shaped "shooting stars" that rained down on the planet. They came in all different kinds of shapes and sizes. Tails and Dr. Eggman notice these strange stars crash onto the planet, and went over to investigate it. When they arrived at the crash site of one of the stars, they noticed something... odd... the star that crashed wasn't a meteorite, nor a spaceship, or any other common objects that would crash onto a planet. It was... something they never seen before. It looked just like a 5-pointed star, buried into the ground, all monochrome. It didn't move, it didn't open, it didn't make a sound, it just sat there. Tails inched closer and closer, he touched the mysterious star that was lodged in the dirt. The fox genius stepped back with a flinch. It didn't feel like a star at all, it felt like... metal... a machine?! Tails, with all his might, tried to pull the star from the ground, to only little budges. Suddenly, the star began to glow, and turned all yellow. An engine-like sound emitted from the star, and thrusters emerged from the back! It blasted itself out of the ground, looking all shiny and new. Tails and Dr. Eggman observed this strange machine, looking in awe. The star dipped its nose at Tails, like it was inviting him for a ride. When Tails stepped onto the machine, its engine roared! When Tails finally sat on the machine, it began to move with incredible speed! Tails and Dr. Eggman were surprised at the intense velocity this vehicle possessed, as it was made for something in particular. The radar detected other crash sites of these strange machines. They then realized, it wasn't just any ordinary discovery, it was potential for everyday travel, intense battles, and most importantly... THRILLING RACES!

Legend has it; that wasn't the only rift that appeared, some say that more rifts tore open and sent out more machines in other worlds, dimensions, and universes... who knows!

INTRODUCING: 🌟TAILS' RING RIDERS!🌟
​
A "Dr. Robotnik's Ring Racers X Kirby Air Riders" addon where characters from all kinds of media come together to ride on the Air Ride Machines from Kirby Air Riders! It's a Work In Progress, but the first Rider + Machine; Celine (Jobaba) + Warp Star, will have their sprite work in development and you can expect sneak peeks. Once finished and playtested to make sure it works properly, she will be the first to release! (DW, I WILL CREDIT THE OWNER AND DEDICATORS) And there WILL be more to come once I get better at sprite work! I don't have a logo nor have I commissioned one. (I suck ahh at digital art and my wallet is emitting flies ;-;)
Post automatically merged:

Sneak Peek: Celine + Warp Star Icon!
Post automatically merged:

I think I'm starting to get the hang of it! Plus I finished all the Warp Star vehicle sprites! Now I gotta do Celine's rider sprites... oh boy. ;-;
 

Attachments

  • image_2026-09-29_002335740.png
    image_2026-09-29_002335740.png
    1.6 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Sneak Peek: Celine + Warp Star Full Body Sprite!

Finally finished the first sprite! Now I gotta do the other directions... and the facial expressions... and the "drifting" sprites (Which is really just her "charging a boost like how riders do it in Kirby Air Riders")... and the death sprite... and the sign post... ;-;

Credits to @Starfy NX for the reference I love ur Celine ok goodbye have good day! :D

Edit: Polished her eyes up a bit.
 

Attachments

  • image_2026-10-02_085254004.png
    image_2026-10-02_085254004.png
    4.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
At long, long last...

After so much trial and error... (and polishing)

SHE....

IS....

DONE!!!!

Look at our beautiful tomato queen go! (Gameplay by me. Excuse for how horrible I am at it, I don't play that much Ring Racers.)

Her "Drift" sprites might look weird (Especially when looking back), cuz' it's meant to resemble her "charging a boost like in Kirby Air Riders."

Update: Title renamed to "Tails' Ring Riders" to give the fox boy the spotlight!
Post automatically merged:

I have the submission uploaded! But it has to go through moderation and be approved by the Judges in order for it to become public.
Post automatically merged:

But, for now, you guys can take these gameplay sneaks of me playtesting her until the Judges make my addon public! Like her racing on a Kirby Air Ride track: Machine Passage!

ringracers0000.gif
ringracers0002.gif
 
Last edited:
Back
Top