Surrogates...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonnarkku

Obamasnow Fan-- With a Hat
Hiya, I am done watching the Surrogates movie today and now I think that it is something that could actually happen.

For the ones that don´t know what it is, it is a customizable humanistic-machine wich you control trough your mind alone, they allow you to experience a life without risks (seeing and hearing what the surrogate does) since if your sorrogate gets killed, you don´t, allowing you to have new experiences.

Well, what I am talking about is that... What if it actually happen? if the world became filled with fake people where everyone remains on their house, connected to their surrogate wirelessly.

It is a future I would prefer not to happen, because, everything would be fake, it would be like watching TV all day. You would never really be there...

Well, this topic is for the discussion of if it the world could get populated by surrogates, and how would the world be if it happened.

We've already got programs and equations that assess risk, as well as controlled lab experiments. In that sense, the surrogates are already here.

Not to mention if there's no risk of death, you can expect others to get ... crazy. And especially abuse this ability. Even murders would be fake.

.... It doesn't make it any less theraputic, though.... hehehehe...

We've already got programs and equations that assess risk, as well as controlled lab experiments. In that sense, the surrogates are already here.

This, and the fact that people ARE controlling computers with their minds. We've had tones of successful tests over the past few years, with some pretty mind-blowing results (no pun intended).

Most of the people who did something like this though would just embark on a mass genocide though. People would use stuff like this as a stress reliever and eventually, as it is done more and more, the line that separates virtual reality from real life becomes thinner and thinner until it is virtually nonexistant. If something like this was introduced, most people who used it would eventually go insane and start committing some crazy **** in real life.

It'd be interesting to see what would happen though, I may be wrong.

I´m not sure if I´d use a Surrogate, I woudn´t like to, but with so many people that would be doing crazy stuff without dying, I should better use one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back