• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Star Light Zone

ReddySoop_

aka Useott
Hello, here I am with another WIP thread. This time, I'm trying to make Star Light Zone. I want to make a design that resembles the original zone, with segments from the 3 acts and some original stuff. Also I'm not planning ahead, just trying to make a simple 3 minute level.
wIXmlmw.png

srb20057.png

For some weird reason, I can't acess the script editor.

If you want to create Lua scripts, then you need to use SLADE's script editor instead (which is the same app. where you would typically put together your WAD or PK3 file).

The SRB2 wiki has instructions on its usage.

If you want to create Lua scripts, then you need to use SLADE's script editor instead (which is the same app. where you would typically put together your WAD or PK3 file).

The SRB2 wiki has instructions on its usage.
I meant the F10 one in UZB to create the level header
Post automatically merged:

Experimenting with a custom skybox!
srb20058.png

With skynum 9
srb20059.png

Stage will be darker in final.

Ultimate Zone Builder view:
o8VbtC9.png

Last edited:
Made lowering platforms work thanks to @amperbee and changed the platforms' look, also extended the level a bit and added 2 unfinished paths

Forgot to add the delay for the lowering platforms, added it now

Attachments

• srb20008.gif
    12.4 MB · Views: 360
Last edited:
[removed automerges, new updated gifs that showcase what was previously]
I got the level header to work! I also got the map from MAP01 to MAPSL, and created a new sky (SKY1029).
I did some tweaks to some platforms at the path split, made the start wider and used a blue spring and upgraded the skybox!

Here's a GIF showcasing the map as it is right now:

Attachments

• srb20021.gif
    26 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:
NEW TEXTURES YESSSSSS
also tweaks (and added an polyobject to prepare for moving platforms)
View attachment 108003
Very cool! This looks absolutely stunning, even in its current state. The moving platforms working correctly kind of shocked me, but I don't even make maps so that shouldn't be surprising. :P
Hope you can finish this! Starlight has a LOT of loops, though I'm honestly not sure if you're willing to add any of them just yet.
You're doing great!! 👍

Unfinished version for download (and getting the skybox if anyone wants it)

Attachments

• S_StarLightZone-v0.1.pk3
    90 KB · Views: 57
Hello, here I am with another WIP thread. This time, I'm trying to make Star Light Zone. I want to make a design that resembles the original zone, with segments from the 3 acts and some original stuff. Also I'm not planning ahead, just trying to make a simple 3 minute level.
wIXmlmw.png

View attachment 105375
For some weird reason, I can't acess the script editor.
Have you completed it?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back