SRB2 DC Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, recently I tried to play SRB2 DC, it works, but, after the green text, the screen stays black for way more than 3 minutes. My question is, since i used 1.09.4 files, do i still need to include the zim.dta (because I didn't), And, although in the tutorial I found, it said not to include the srb2WIN.exe, did i need to leave that out?

=SF94=

SRB2DC is NOT compatible with 1.09.4 as it was used with (I think) 1.09.2. In this sense, yes, you do need to include zim.dta and do what the tutorial says.

>_> <_<..... I made another disc with zim, but still no success... Why wouldn’t it work with 1.09.4's files? The only thing that went wrong is it said there are some files missing, but they aren’t, I even checked. All the files it said in the tutorial are on the disc, and the files that it says are missing are actually there.

SRB2DC is old, it won't work with updated files. It should say in the tutorial which version to use SRB2DC with. SRB2DC is also known for not working sometimes too. It doesn't have any music, and the controls don't work without the dreamcast keyboard (I think). It's not worth getting working right now.

Oh.. Well that kinda sucks... Here is another thing I noticed, after booting up, the CD stops spinning, and the music doesn't work, also it wont let you add anything... Why I don't know...

sonicfreak94 said:
Oh.. Well that kinda sucks... Here is another thing I noticed, after booting up, the CD stops spinning, and the music doesn't work, also it wont let you add anything... Why I don't know...

That happend a while ago with my old gamecube, the lense burned out, or got detached somehow. It might be dirty... Does it work with other stuff?

sonicfreak94 said:

Sound isn't in SRB2DC yet, and you need the Dreamcast keyboard to get the full experience.

I have a normal keyboard, and an adapter to make it work, so I have a keyboard for it. There is sound though, just no music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back