Race Mode Warp Bug

KrazeeTobi

SRB20YA Founder
Today I was hosting a Race server to see what had changed, if anything, and because I was bored as well. All was well until beating Brak, after the intermission screen, it had sent us to a massive HOM for some reason.

I suspect it has something to do with the level progression in Race mode. If anyone else is having this issue with Race mode, express it below please, so the devs take some notes!

-Tobi

To interject, I believe the problem isn't just Brak, but rather the Metal Sonic Race. When I try it, it says "Can't find a compatible map after map 25; using map 26 anyway".
The unlockable maps themselves seem to work properly, going to the proper places afterwards.

To interject, I believe the problem isn't just Brak, but rather the Metal Sonic Race. When I try it, it says "Can't find a compatible map after map 25; using map 26 anyway".
The unlockable maps themselves seem to work properly, going to the proper places afterwards.

I should mention as well (whoopsie me!) that this also allows you to fight MS and BE without using a -force parameter. The level list clearly only lists BCZ1 (Metal Sonic race) as being a selectable stage by normal means. So why it's sending the server to the immediate next map is currently unknown to me, what's even more odd is that the rest of the boss stages are properly skipped, so we could rule out an issue with the Race game mode code itself.

I mean, I haven't noticed any mistakes in the level headers either. Perhaps it is an error with the unlock system or it only checks so many maps ahead.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back