Problem with springs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I'm making a level, and to access an alternate route, you need to use a spring. There's just one problem, no springs work in that area. Has this happened to anyone before?

Also, my Thok Barrier is keeping Sonic from leaving the level, but characters sometimes get stuck IN the wall and knuckles still can't climb on the walls.

Your level might be too big. It's an irritating bug, if a level gets to big, you break the blockmap, causing stuff like springs and thok barriers to malfunction.

DroxSorcerer said:
Ok, I'm making a level, and to access an alternate route, you need to use a spring. There's just one problem, no springs work in that area. Has this happened to anyone before?

Your level is either too large or is too spread out. This is an annoying problem which thankfully is solved in 1.1.

DroxSorcerer said:
Also, my Thok Barrier is keeping Sonic from leaving the level, but characters sometimes get stuck IN the wall and knuckles still can't climb on the walls.

I've come across this problem before, and I think you need to make the actual thok barrier bigger to sort this out. A thok barrier 64 units thick is the smallest recommended size.

You may be able to clip with your spring in some areas. Try putting springs in a few places to see if you can just move it elsewhere and still have it work.

I've put springs in many areas, much of the level is impossible without them. The only places the don't work is in a hole right after the start, and a small sector after the hole. They work fine anywhere else.

The same with Thok Barriers. In one area before anything gets hard, the Thok Barrier sucks. Once the traps start, the Thok Barrier works like every other Thok Barrier.

GCFreak said:
I've come across this problem before, and I think you need to make the actual thok barrier bigger to sort this out. A thok barrier 64 units thick is the smallest recommended size.
Yeah, that size is recommended, but if you care, after some trial and error I reached the conclusion the minimum for a thok barrier must be just 32 units. This normally isn't critical, unless you're using invisible FOFs and the main texture to make rails, were you want the smallest wall as possible without messing up the collision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back