PAIN[Deprecated]

PAIN[Deprecated] v2.1.4

Tarregor updated PAIN with a new update entry:

major bugfix & other updates(v2.1.4)

-fixed the bug in SS2 where you instantly died upon loading the map as player 1; as it'd turned out, I'd accidently added a 2nd player 1 start to the stage outside of the map!
-made the electric floors in ACZ3, BCZ3, & SS2 no longer appear to be cyan in software mode
-made there be less bees in BCZ2; you'll still have to worry plenty about them
-fixed the exploit where knuckles could make bees stop spawning in BCZ2
-replaced the spikes in BCZ2 with lasers; metal sonic won't randomly get hurt...

Read the rest of this update entry...

recently, I've decided to re-vamp this mod even more than I'd planned to before
when the new mod is eventually ready to come out, I'll be sticking LEGACY in this mod's title, and the new mod will probably have a different name, and it'll be a separate addon submission

the new mod will generally have these changes from PAIN:

#1: no more bees or pterabytes added to the stages that didn't have them... except CEZ3 & ACZ3 since I can't think of anything else to do to make those boss lvls hard enough for my liking
#2: as I'd mentioned before, the stages before CEZ2 will generally have 3 added environmental hazards per starpost, instead of less than 3, and said hazards will be of more consistent difficulties according to how early into the game they are
#3: all non-boss enemies will be upgraded in one way or another; some will just get an extra hit point, and some others will be stronger in another way
#4: all non-special stages will be allowed to utilize bumpers amongst their environmental hazards
#5: every stage will have a time limit
#6: DSZ2 & CEZ2 will hopefully be less laggy, such that they won't crash the game in multiplayer

thus far, I've re-vamped GFZ1, GFZ2, THZ1, THZ2, THZ3, & DSZ1

to finish this, I'll also need to do the following things:
#1: re-vamp GFZ3, DSZ2/3, CEZ1/2, BCZ1, & BCZ3; I've already figured out what I wanna do to the boss stages, excluding BCZ1
#2: upgrade the enemies, excluding the pterabytes since they're already upgraded
#3: replace some... lacking... environmental hazards in ACZ, RVZ, & ERZ with hazards that'll most likely include bumpers
#4: add time limits to the stages; I've already figured out what times I want, but I'll stick it into the lvl headers later

also, in case anyone was wondering, I figured out how to fix the bug that makes you get a time emblem for game overing really fast in a stage, but I won't bother updating this mod for it since the new release will basically be a better version of PAIN anyway

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back