No MIDI options but “OPNMidi” are working, even after I installed both FluidSynth and TiMidity. What do I do?

The21zonz

Just a dude with curly hair
I’m on MacOS 15.2 (Intel) and trying to get FluidSynth working so I can have the infamous MIDI sound instead of OPN bleeps, but it throws up an error when I try to use it.

TiMidity doesnt even initialise.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot 2025-03-22 at 15.12.57.png
    Screenshot 2025-03-22 at 15.12.57.png
    34 KB · Views: 162
I don't know about TiMidity, but FluidSynth is within SRB2 itself. All SRB2 needs is the path to a FluidSynth soundfont file which you can set in the "Advanced Settings" menu of the sound options.
 
….I INSTALLED IT FOR NOTHING????

Let’s see if that works.
Post automatically merged:

I don't know about TiMidity, but FluidSynth is within SRB2 itself. All SRB2 needs is the path to a FluidSynth soundfont file which you can set in the "Advanced Settings" menu of the sound options.
How should the file name be formatted? I tried everything.
 
Last edited:
This is how I have mine set up.

If you've got your soundfont in a subfolder of SRB2's directory, use a period to represent the path to SRB2's root.
What I mean is that if that's the case, try something like this: .\soundfonts\mysoundfont.sf2
In my experience, just \soundfonts\mysoundfont.sf2 does not work.
 
This is how I have mine set up.

If you've got your soundfont in a subfolder of SRB2's directory, use a period to represent the path to SRB2's root.
What I mean is that if that's the case, try something like this: .\soundfonts\mysoundfont.sf2
In my experience, just \soundfonts\mysoundfont.sf2 does not work.
step by step please!
 
step by step please!
What I said goes for Windows, and not for Mac.
I seem to have missed the part where The21zonz said they themselves were on Mac.

For the last time: YOU CANNOT CHANGE SOUNDFONTS ON MAC. Please stop hyperfixating on it.
If you want it so bad: learn C, fork the sourcecode, and make Fluidsynth or Timidity work on Mac. (Which I don't imagine to be a very easy task which is probably why STJr. hasn't done it.)
Changing your soundfont is not something that is possible without support being written into the actual game code.
 

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back
Top