No cheats in Singleplayer?

MissHooman

I've googled this and checked the forums a couple times now and everyone I've seen just says "enter 'cheats on' in the console", but that does not enable cheats. I'm not looking to have cheats on a server, all I want to do is use the map command in an uncompleted save file on singleplayer.
When I enter 'cheats on' into the console (or anything else), I get this:
No CHEAT-marked variables are changed -- Cheats are disabled.
If I enter 'cheats off' into the console, I get nothing, and cheats do not get enabled.
Is this a deliberate change? Has this always been the case? Is there something really obvious I'm missing that will make me look like a goon? Probably, but I need help from someone else to point that out to me.

Thanks!

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    427.2 KB · Views: 128
As far as I know, this is expected behavior. There's no "cheats on" mode, there's just different variables that, when not set to their defaults, are called cheats. This is why the command cheats prints the state of all cheats-tagged variables, and cheats off resets them all to their default, but there's no way to turn them on with a single command because that's ambiguous. This is also why cheats and cheats on behave the same, because it doesn't recognize the flag on for this command.

As far as I know, this is expected behavior. There's no "cheats on" mode, there's just different variables that, when not set to their defaults, are called cheats. This is why the command cheats prints the state of all cheats-tagged variables, and cheats off resets them all to their default, but there's no way to turn them on with a single command because that's ambiguous. This is also why cheats and cheats on behave the same, because it doesn't recognize the flag on for this command.
ohhhhh, okay, thanks!
could you tell me the correct syntax / direct me to somewhere i can see the correct use of the cheats command?

ohhhhh, okay, thanks!
could you tell me the correct syntax / direct me to somewhere i can see the correct use of the cheats command?
On the SRB2 wiki you've got the article about the console, and from there you've got console commands and console variables

I've actually found devmode 1 to be better as it doesn't flood as much of your screen with debug stuff.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back