My WAD crashes and I need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sik

My first WAD, South Island, crashes... I tried to restore it, but crashes continue... Want someone help me? Please send me a PM with your mail and I'll send the WAD to you. Thanks.

Want someone help me? Wha?

Are you also saying that when you try to restore it by opening Wauthor or watever it is you use, then the program crashes, or srb2 crashes? Lol, cause if it isnt srb2 the one that crashes, then no-one would wanna help you.

I will.
Click on the button that says 'Email' before my post.
EDIT: er, After my post, because then you'd be sending email to Chaos Zero 64.

The crash occurs in SRB2 (WadAuthor functions perfect). After two or three seconds, the WAD crashes directly.

The problem appeared when I extended a sector. Then the game crashes. I have restored it to his original state, but the game crashes again.

Well, HotDog, I'll send it to you.

PS: I think that WadAuthor has created backups (up to two). I'm going to search the BackUp now (and then this thread will be useless).

EDIT: here is only a backup (the first bad WAD)... :cry:

Yeah, searching for backups should be the first thing you do, because fixing it by hand usually won't fix it. However, if you should succeed in finding out what REALLY caused the problem and fixing it, you will be all the better wadder for it. People have to learn how to fix the glitches eventually, right? :?
No, no, dun send to me, I would only end up completely redoing the whole thing to make it perfect and glitchless and such. :roll:

Back up is missing... :cry:

Now, I don't know if it is a SRB2 bug (then I can try to delete the sector and make it again) or a WadAuthor bug (then the WAD can't be recovered). As I can try to redo the sector (and delete the thok barrier, uh, it will be a big lose of time).

The problem? I don't know... But the WAD is REALLY complex...

Now I can continue with South Island! Thanks, HotDog, for fix the bug in the WAD! You're a great friend! :D

(End of story)

PS: now, I will make some manual back ups, for recover some errors back (that also appears in the back ups of WadAuthor).

The easiest thing to do is to first find out how paranoid you are. If you are as paranoid as me, then you'll likely make a new save when you get a FOF working right. Personally, I have a system. The WIP versions of a WAD are thisorthat(savenumber).wad, and the final is gametype_thisorthat.wad So, I have triadtrials.wad all the way to triadtrials17.wad, along with mta_triadtrials.wad. It's a good habit, especially if you decide three quarters through that the first half of the level is garbage, or the last half for that matter.

Well, I'm doing it now... Hovewer, remember that level is TOO COMPLEX (really too complex, and BIIIIIIIG), you are playing in entire South Island. You start at paciffic Sonic's house and end at Eggman's base. You can also play through some known places like the vulcano that always appears in the center of the island.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back