= Metroid Vanguard = Samus Aran in SRB2 [v1.5c]

= Metroid Vanguard = Samus Aran in SRB2 [v1.5c] v1.5c

I think removing this over a few sprites was incredibly silly regardless of what the guidelines said. I've seen the sprite and it's hardly anything to behold, it's not even that bad. I think the people enforcing the rules on this need to realize SRB2 is literally a mod of DOOM. It's ironic, but also ridiculous. No fun allowed.

I think removing this over a few sprites was incredibly silly regardless of what the guidelines said. I've seen the sprite and it's hardly anything to behold, it's not even that bad. I think the people enforcing the rules on this need to realize SRB2 is literally a mod of DOOM. It's ironic, but also ridiculous. No fun allowed.
It's silly censorship that could be fixed if we had an mature topic tag or something.

It's silly censorship that could be fixed if we had an mature topic tag or something.
Certainly how it feels. I'd probably be silenced if I expressed my full discontent with this kind of over-protective and biased moderation (in my own opinion, that is), so I won't speak any more on that, but I definitely think these decisions are way too out of touch and not enough thought goes into them. It's a DOOM mod and a Metroid mod, blood and minor sprite gore should be expected. Not like people would complain if the Cacodemon gets modded in with the original death sprites, anyways.

I'm pretty sure there was a content warning for a Sonic.EXE mod, of all things. I don't know if it was 100% necessary, but it sure seems that way judging by this.

Last edited:
I'm personally not bothered by this, however... It honestly should have had a content warning to begin with, because, to be fair there are a lot of children who play this game. Completely understandable why it would be removed.

I also just finished my playthrough. This mod was amazing, and was completely worth the wait.

Certainly how it feels. I'd probably be silenced if I expressed my full discontent with this kind of over-protective and biased moderation (in my own opinion, that is), so I won't delve too deeply, but I definitely think these decisions are way too out of touch and not enough thought goes into them. It's a DOOM mod and a Metroid mod, blood and minor sprite gore should be expected anyway. Not like people complain if the Cacodemon gets modded in with the original death sprites.

Not to mention that I'm pretty sure there was a required content warning for a Sonic.EXE mod, of all things. I don't know if it was 100% necessary, but it sure seems that way.
Censorship? Rlly? For a fanbase that basically by now has no children in it?! I swear they can't have like children under the age of 14 here dude. The game and the fanbase itself is that old!
It just boggles my mind sight staff are so weird with how they moderate stuff. As if they have something to hide. lmao
1586377166823.jpg

I'm personally not bothered by this, however... It honestly should have had a content warning to begin with, because, to be fair there are a lot of children who play this game. Completely understandable why it would be removed.

I also just finished my playthrough. This mod was amazing, and was completely worth the wait.

A content warning to begin with, sure, it's Metroid, and it's a shooter. But really? Blood in a DOOM mod is gonna require that? Same can be said about Sonic.EXE, it's literally a creepypasta turned into a joke at this point. I couldn't imagine needing a content warning for ketchup-eyed Sonic unless it was a really disturbing and well-made take on him, like some of those fan interpretations. There's not even that many kids on the MB anyway, most of them probably get mods from Youtube videos.

Censorship? Rlly? For a fanbase that basically by now has no children in it?! I swear they can't have like children under the age of 14 here dude. The game and the fanbase itself is that old!
It just boggles my mind sight staff are so weird with how they moderate stuff. As if they have something to hide. lmao
View attachment 41975
Yeah, I agree with you here. I'm yet to see anyone that young on the MB. I'd voice more on my opinion but again, someone'll come knocking if I do. Wouldn't be surprised if these content warnings start becoming more strict and on more things, though.

Hey, thought I'd chime in for these last 2 posts. I started playing this game when I was a kid. I would get mods off of the MB. I didn't have an account but I would still view the mods and discussions. If I saw something like that when I started playing this game I wouldn't be able to sleep.

It's completely understandable to want a content warning for gore when it's something you have to come across to progress in the story. The Sonic.EXE mod has proper content warnings, which is why it's allowed on the forums.

The ESRB literally exists to provide these content warnings to officially published games, the least people could do is provide them to unofficial content.

Might I ask what said offending content was? Or is that classified info?
Just curious.
In ACZ4, prior to the dark samus fight you find Fang's dead body being destroyed by phazon energy.

So the mod got removed just because Fang is kil. So what? The mod just needs a content warning, and it'll be up in a few hours/ a day max. No need to argue about it.

Last edited:
At least the youtube channel still has the download, but I find this kind of odd, I'm nor against a M rated tag if it means mods like this won't be taken down.
Really it falls on the parents for kids seeing "pixel gore" I haven't even seen it yet, but everyone so far says it's not that big of a thing.
This is one a mod of doom so kind of funny to think about, and two kids can handle it, I saw Zero from dreamland three eye burst out in it's full bloody fashion, like some kids can handle this stuff it is based on individual, but again that's something for the parent to determine if the kid can handle it, as they should know them well enough.
And some kids will find out about SRB2, But I feel like a lot would be filtered out by having to download and set it up by themselves, I mean even I had a issue trying to get it running the first time because I'm not to tech savvy even through I want to learn on how to do this stuff.
Also Don't kids get banned for being underage, Unless Miss read the rules, it's possible for me, I mix everything up.
I hope this mod gets placed back on soon here, as it's something that really deserves to be seen with all the effort and passion that was placed into it.
I am newer to this community so maybe I'm just talking out my ass, but feel like my perspective is of some value(hopefully.)

SRB2 is a game based on one of the most child-friendly franchises out there, it draws in a METRIC FUCKTON of extremely young kids -- any relation to DOOM is irrelevant at best. Just because it runs on the DOOM engine doesn't say anything about the content within. Ever heard of Chex Quest?

Anyhow, the general age range is 13 and up here, but kids younger than that still enjoy SRB2 on the regular and this is okay; they're just not allowed to use the forums or discord. PG-13 is our general rating, but even for THAT age group a content warning is still appropriate.

The way I described it in a mod channel was like this:

Sexual content is a pretty black and white topic. Sexual content is 18+ and it can't go here. Comparatively, excessive language/extremely crude humor/violence is all sort of a grey area, it's hard to rate that sort of thing by age. The best thing you can ask is "How likely is it that this content is gonna disturb someone/make them wish they hadn't seen it?" If the answer is "probably pretty likely" there's no good reason NOT to put a content warning on it, just out of decency.

That's our logic, and I'm confident everyone should be able to say "hey, that's reasonable enough."

Like Tatsuru said in his post earlier, it's not "censored" here, it's just a "hey, put a content warning on this and then you're good to go."

I'm a bit new to this. How do I keep the saves? they just disappear after I turn off the game.
Post automatically merged:

I'm a bit new to this. How do I keep the saves? they just disappear after I turn off the game.
Oh, Sorry, I think I may have missclicked

Last edited:
Cool! That means the people who downloaded it early have the rare UNCENSORED CUT of Samus. :wow:

May i ask, what exactly is the reason? i can't think was because the blood effects, i mean, we have Duke and Exetior lmfao.

Metroid Dreadnought. I probably wouldn't have even done this if it weren't for that mod. Just the excitement from playing that alone was a giant kick in the rear to get this going!
Too bad Nintendo pulled the good ol' C&D toward the guy who made it... A real shame because Metroid needs fans more than ever.

This mod is currently withdrawn from releases due to a set of sprites that were found to be too graphic and thus inappropriate for submissions. It will be made public again once an appropriate content warning is added, or the offending content is removed or replaced.
I entirely understand that SRB2 is a family-friendly fangame and that gore shouldn't be in but it's literally a mod that isn't necessary to install.

And honestly it's pretty tame (as a doom legacy can be) compared to most -16/-18 game on the market...
Post automatically merged:

I think the people enforcing the rules on this need to realize SRB2 is literally a mod of DOOM. It's ironic, but also ridiculous. No fun allowed.
It's not a modification of Doom, it uses a different engine and features several elements not possible with the original game.
You don't even need to get the Doom iwad to make it run either.

Back