Issue with keyboard control on Linux

Aoz0ra

Possibly the only Crüxshadows fan here
⁘ My issues: ⁘
I have issues with the keyboard. Whenever I hold Jump with another key, then let go of Jump, SRB2 acts as if I pressed Jump twice. This only happens if I have Jump set on the keyboard. This issue appears to be linked to key repeat as, if I set the repeat delay to 5 seconds, I don't get this issue.
In addition, I consistently have to type slower in the console and chat as, if I don't, many letters will come out twice. It seems to be random when I type at my normal speed. This issue worsens with lag.
These issues appeared a few days ago when I did system updates. Recompiling from source did not help. I believe the overall cause is due to an upgrade to the SDL2 libraries.

⁘ Testing performed: ⁘

Issues occur in normal gameplay.

⁘ Other comments: ⁘
I normally play on Uncapped Plus, but have verified that the issues occur on vanilla SRB2 as well.
These issues only occur on Linux.

⁘ Technical info: ⁘
ASUS X555QA running Linux (Ubuntu 22.04 LTS) with vanilla SRB2 from Flatpak and Uncapped Plus built from source.

The problem seems to have fixed itself on my end. I have no idea what it was, especially since I haven't updated in a few weeks.

I guess it just goes away after a while. Oh well.

If anyone else has similar issues, especially if they managed to fix them, be sure to report them.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back