Is it possible to make a NEW copy of SRB2 0.96CD?

RoboFanatic

Robots are cool
If you dont know what the heck i am talking about, SRB2 Christmas (0.96) had a CD version, allowing CD Music and a Installer for the application.

image0 (1).jpg
image0.jpg
image1.jpg

Man, i wish i had these...
So why not replicate it for myself?
can we all make this a reality?
can we make a second contest? or even better...

CAN I STOP MAKING THIS FORUM POST SO PROFESSIONAL FOR THE LOVE OF GOD?!?!

Give me ideas in the comments, i might replicate it, atleast the cover?

Hypothetically, yes you can do it. The problem is actually finding 700MB discs. It cannot be done on a DVD.

I've tried my hand at this before, not to the point of recreating the labels, but to the point where effectively I had an accurate experience. All you really need to do is find a blank disc (much like what Tobi described) and burn the "DATA" folder to the data track, and then you burn everything in the "AUDIO" folder to the assigned placement in the disc of which the filenames correspond to. As for getting an accurate physical appearance, I feel like you should just find an old jewel CD case, print out the cover art, cut them out and put them on there and that should work. As for the CD, SSNTails said that he used a CD label maker and templates to make the originals, but I've never gone as far as this so you may have to look into it. The artwork for the labels look relatively simple to recreate, in fact, I think their assets are featured on the CD as extras and the originals are on the SRB2 wiki I think... Once all is said and done, just install the game to your computer, load up the wad files that came with it, and you would pretty much be playing an almost perfect recreation of the game at that point.

The problem is actually finding 700MB discs.
Screenshot 2023-05-31 09.06.36.png

If you meant by being hard to find, no, it is not, atleast in my country, i went to that one sketchy store website called Mercado Livre and there it is for only 3,6 dollars (18 BRL)

I've tried my hand at this before, not to the point of recreating the labels, but to the point where effectively I had an accurate experience. All you really need to do is find a blank disc (much like what Tobi described) and burn the "DATA" folder to the data track, and then you burn everything in the "AUDIO" folder to the assigned placement in the disc of which the filenames correspond to. As for getting an accurate physical appearance, I feel like you should just find an old jewel CD case, print out the cover art, cut them out and put them on there and that should work. As for the CD, SSNTails said that he used a CD label maker and templates to make the originals, but I've never gone as far as this so you may have to look into it. The artwork for the labels look relatively simple to recreate, in fact, I think their assets are featured on the CD as extras and the originals are on the SRB2 wiki I think... Once all is said and done, just install the game to your computer, load up the wad files that came with it, and you would pretty much be playing an almost perfect recreation of the game at that point.
I will follow what you did if i get the tools necessary!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back