I need help with editing colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm...No matter how hard i try i cant edit the colors on a wad...no its just an experiment not a releasable recolor...so any idea how to edit them?

Orlee.png

Using the "Save As" function, you can save the image to your harddrive. After that, open up an image editor and do your worst.

Well, you can change the colors/edit the images...But it's such a pain in the ass that saving the lumps is a far better choice.

Dark Warrior said:
Well, you can change the colors/edit the images...But it's such a pain in the ass that saving the lumps is a far better choice.
Honestly. Go and save it and pull open Paint. If you just plain don't like Paint, you need to get a new image editor.

And no, I don't have any suggestions.

In XWE, Image->Edit. But thats as far as I can get. I can't get it to actually edit. But, look at this: Image->Color Remap. Then double click the color of your choice in the box that comes up, and put in the number for the color to change it to, then Image->Perfrom Color Map.

The initial question has been answered. Save each sprite lump, edit them, re-wad. That's all you need to know, and that's all you need to do.

mephiles_the_dark1 said:
I want to know how to edit it without going to ms paint...the details there take way to long to color.

Well thats the best way. I mean you cant make a wad in 10 minutes. Even if it is a recolor. It's going too take time. And lots of it. I've been working on a wad for 3 months. So STOP BEING SO PICKY AND DO IT.[/img]

You can edit the colours directly in XWE: Image -> Color remap. You need the color pallete to know the numbers. To open it, click 2 times over a picture. Click over a color, and you will see the number.
pallete2xi2.png

Once you finish, click on Perform Color remap. I hope that this can help you :D

No, that's color remapping, not editing the image.

To edit the image, one must select the color they want from the palette displayed when the edit option is on. Then they must select a single pixel and press the 1 button. Or the 2 button for a darker shade. But again, this only edits one pixel at a time. There's no undo feature, no copy/paste, no line draw. Essentially total lack of any useful tools. So, it stands that exporting and editing is a far better option.

The built in editor in XWE sucks for everything except shading, but god does it PWN for shading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back