How to make Rope hangs?

Soniku11

So, hey! yesterday i started to do my 7th coop map, based in a really old match map using the special stage textures and such, and i tried to do something new i never did before. I wanted to add rope hangs, which the first one was succesfull, but the issue comes when i tried to add more than one. The wiki said to add 256 on the radius value on the next rope hangs, and they even appear as 1, 2, 3 and etc, when i zoom out on the editing mode, making me know theyre separated rope hangs.

But, the thing is, when i try to hang on the second rope hang, it teleports me back to the first, and if im not wrong, i saw that the others 2 doesnt even have any collision, or if they do, it teleports me back to the first one. I did all i could to fix it but i dont understand how to make them work separated as it should. The 3 Control sectors used for each rope hang have different tags for themselves, for example "rope hang 1 uses: tag 1, 2, 3" and etc

Can someone tell me how can i make them work separated like in Arid Canyon? i still cant understand, or what did i do wrong here

1622135823342.png

Post automatically merged:

I'm gonna bump myself just in case, as i really am in need of an answer

Last edited:
Make sure to have a unique Rope Hang Parameters linedef for each rope hang, and set the correct waypoint sequence number for each parameter linedef, which is set via the vertical (Y) texture offset:
ropehang.png

Make sure to have a unique Rope Hang Parameters linedef for each rope hang, and set the correct waypoint sequence number for each parameter linedef, which is set via the vertical (Y) texture offset:
View attachment 45726
Oh, i see, thanks you a lot, only thing i understood about the offset was the movement speed of the zoomtube waypoints, i owe you a lot! i had all of the 4 other offset in 0

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back