How do I get an A rank?

I always get first place and get ahead of everyone else on the tracks, but I keep getting penalties in the final results, but I always get an A on the tracks, why does this keeps happening?
 
Last edited:
The one at the bottom-left of the screen that has the "C" icon and a big number (e.g. 1 instead of 1 / 100) is the reason why. It increments if you have to retry a race (e.g. rank out, retire, hit "try again" from the pause menu) and results in a score penalty (e.g. -40).
  • Required for A rank: 425 points (350 if the Sealed Star is cleared)
  • No continues used: +50 (bonus)
  • Each continue used: -25 (penalty) (including Sealed Stars)
  • The number of continues you used in a single round is not listed.
ringracers0457.png
  • Required for A rank: 340 points
  • No continues used: No bonus
  • Each continue used: -40 (penalty) (except Sealed Stars)
  • The number of continues you used in a single round is also listed. Although continues in Sealed Stars do not give a penalty, a number is still listed.
ringracers0039.png
 
Back
Top