Help Getting Started With Basic Editing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaric

Hello, this game, Srb2 cought my intrest a last week. Since then however I have been unable to access the section of the web page called "Editing".

Timed Out: Connection to aliennet.dyndns.org

Therefore I can't determine exactly what is required to begin attempting level editing. From the fourms I have deduced that a wad editor is required. When I attempted to use wadauthor, I found I was lacking an approprate wcf file.

Following another set of instructions I used doom builder, loaded Doom2.wad, and attempted to edit that way. I found I was unable to locate any resounce files that way.
---
My questions are as follows, does anyone know what happend to the editing section, as well as when it might be back up?

If it will not come back up, then would anyone have a cache of it that they'd be willing to share, so I might be able to view the said information?

Finally, would anyone have a copy of the wcf file avable?
---

Thank you,

A newbie.

Or until I slap a band-aid on it.

Oh wait, I'm sorry, Band-Aid(tm) is a registered trademark!

-----------

Or until I slap an adhesive medical strip on it.

This should be on the

EDITING
forum. For Goodness sakes, you must be a freaking moron!!! There's an entire FORUM for editing and you post it in Q&A???? SOMEONE MOVE THIS!

lost, I'll have you notice what the description of the forum is:

"This forum is for making suggestions or asking for help. Please refrain from flaming people for ignorance. We all start somewhere."

You're doubly wrong, because you're flaming someone for ignorance, and you're not even right. There is nothing that says he can't ask for editing help here. This topic could just as easily work in Editing, but according to the description of the forum, this topic fits just fine.

The editing section can be found here, speaking of band-aids.

Editing Section Back Up

I see the editing section is back up and working. Thank you very much for your help.

The configuation file is working now, and I see it's not all that differnt from my old doom editing days. I'll give it a try.
-----
Also, I found the "Level editing made easy" guide. It lists solutions to several problems I had when I was orinigally editing doom so long ago. Too late for those maps, but I'd like to say how apprecreative I am, so future maps won't have such problems.

Never thought I'd come back to using this engine again.
-----
Oh and in responce to the other person, yes, I had considered putting this on the editing fourm. However, this problem pertained to the website itself, not just the concept of editing. The description of this fourm also contained "Asking for help".

Since its asking for help about the webpage, I concluded the Suggestions and Help fourm would be superior choice given the two.
-----
All and all, Thank you, I'll be around.

This should be on the

EDITING
forum. For Goodness sakes, you must be a freaking moron!!! There's an entire FORUM for editing and you post it in Q&A???? SOMEONE MOVE THIS!

It's here because he's asking for "Help!".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back