Guys, this is a SERIOUS PROBLEM I've got here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drakeman

Everytime I try to host my game online, it says TIMEOUT ON MASTERSERVER (no space between Master and Server), CONNECTION TO MASTER SERVER FAILED. It used to work before...

Has anyone else had the same problem recently? How do I fix it?

Cmon man

Why would I be banned? Why would anyone be banned? All I do is play some coop mode or match mode with some buddies and that's it.

Besides, the message says CONNECTION FAILED, not THE MASTER SERVER HAS BANNED YOU or something like that. Banning people from ever even playing the game online anymore would be downright cruel and unusual punishment for absolutely NO REASON WHATSOEVER.

RE4FAN said:
strange you can't connect, try checking your connection

If he can connect to the internet sucsessfully, then he should have no problem with the master server.
Is it possible that what you have as a master server isnt what we have? Mabye you accidentally edited what it should be to something else?

Or some n00b has gone and got banned and he happens to be on the same network with a non-static IP.

You might be behind some serious web protection or something. I'm at my school right now, and I can't connect to the MS ingame, nor can I even join a game, even with the IP.

'Course, I can always play LAN games :p. Well, if I can convince the people sitting near me to play *glares at them*

Now that, is pathetic O.O

We have 50Mb, my friend can get 10Gb, and i have found a way to get srb2 to the school without breaking the limit :)

I was kinda wondering though, how do you play a LAN game? do you just change the "internet server" option to off?

i agree with spazzo you might of changed the master server
(configaration options are on the game i seen)
it must be that i join your games with no problem

Hmm...I used to have this same problem. What I did was I changed something in the server options. I can't remeber what though.

thats very unlucky try reinstalling the game again
NOTE: if you changed the controls rechange them it resets

ree-c said:
I was kinda wondering though, how do you play a LAN game? do you just change the "internet server" option to off?
AFAIK, the Local LAN search option in the menu looks for SRB2 games running in the computer networks connected, regardless of the Master Server. All the advertise server option does is register it on the Master Server, so if you disable it and check the MS up, the game is apparently not running. Since LAN search disregards this, LAN games can be made with or without advertising, however, advertising will most likely fill your somewhat peaceful server with remote players, thus lagging your game.

Yeah, all you have to do is host. Anyone else on the network can join using Search (it even worked in 1.08!). Naturally, LAN games have zero lag. When I was playing, I was a joiner, and I had absolutely no lag. Considering that my entire school is on a network, I could concievably exceed the 32 player limit if the administration would let me try :p.

Actually, the 32 player limit is the actual limit the game supports. There IS lag on a LAN, by the way. It's very low, but it does exist.

Okay I know what to edit...

Okay guys, I figured out what part of the game I go to to edit the master server code. Now I just need a valid code. Could someone give me their code or something? I'm hoping it will work if I try the code of someone who actually CAN play online rather than can't.

PS: I never touched the code from how it started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back