Game restart at end of THZ1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sik

Hi, I'm again... Only to me occur these things... I play normally and game run OK, but when I end Techno Hill Zone act 1, the next level is Greenhill Flower Zone 1 (yes, back to the begin)!!! Have I downloaded the wrong version or what? I never use any command parameter.

Game restart

The newest available version is Final Demo 1.08 (and not Demo 4.35). Older versions stopped after THZ1, going back to GFZ1 as you described, so that could be your problem.

Oogaland.

Oh, OK, I try AGAIN... Again, because originally I was downloaded 1.08, but Windows want not to start and locks up... Remembet it?

NO AGAIN!!!

Windows can't reconsigne the file or what? It locks-up again... It occurs only with finaldemo108.exe (I can execute the self-extracter), no with srb2d435... Well, Windows locks-up when I open the folder where the program is... Is compatible with win98 or not?

Problems

The game runs fine for me on my Win98 machine.

If Explorer locks up when you open the game's directory, then there could be a problem with the disk (although I doubt that, if you've installed it on two separate occasions). Maybe try running ScanDisk. Also, try running the game from a command prompt, cd-ing into the directory, rather than using Explorer.

Edit: I just noticed that Hotdog already suggested the command line idea.

Oogaland.

Well... I already tried for command line (DOS and Run command) and the Desktop menu, but nothing... Nobody can't access to file... And ScanDisk always says that restart too times because disk is writing (probably because the Virtual Memory is enabled)...

Now, I'm anger, but now with you, else with my technical support... I will to send CPU to repair it... Lastly, it never functions well... And it isn't for viruses... :(

EDIT: if I try to execute the 4.35 demo, it not occurs.

Update your video drivers. Update your sound drivers.

How much RAM do you have?

Video and sound drivers, as I know, are the lastest available... I have a S3 Virge Unichrome 32MB video card (and also includes 3D card) and a SB16 (not emulated, real SB hardware).

Well, RAM... 256 MB of RAM, minus 32 MB reserved for video = 224 MB RAM, plus 30 GB free because virtual memory is enabled... Oops!

I don't know why Windows want not to open it... Curiously, some other ZIP also can't be opened (but a few only, two or three).

Dude: if CHAFAN (chassis fan, not CPU fan) is stopped, can affect it to CPU?

Though I won't guarantee SRB2 will run after that, I'd get more RAM... Games are becoming more and more demanding nowadays, so the more RAM you have, the better. Corsair's your best bet; whenever I get around to building my Half-Life 2 rig, I'm putting a gig of their RAM (two sticks 512 meg) in there.

Same as before

You mentioned zips:

Sik said:
Curiously, some other ZIP also can't be opened

Is SRB2 in a zip? I can't imagine that it would be, what with it being distributed as a self-extracting archive.

Oogaland.

Well, the Finaldemo108.exe is a SFX (self-extract) program, but for the effect, is the same... I check the CPU and aren't any virus here... I don't know why occurs it... Or the executable isn't downloading OK...

Conclussion: CPU or disk are bad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back