Fullscreen Troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bigboi

When ever I run SRB2 and try to run it in 1080x768, 1/4 of the screen isn't showing anything. I can see the game completely, but it won't go on the screen completely. Help!

Srb2 manual said:
STOP!
SRB2 is designed for 320x200, 640x400 (not 640x480), and 1280x800 (if available) operation. Other display modes are available only if you are having trouble running any of these three. Stability and proper appearance is not guaranteed when running in other display modes.

bigboi said:
When ever I run SRB2 and try to run it in 1080x768, 1/4 of the screen isn't showing anything. I can see the game completely, but it won't go on the screen completely. Help!
That's because these resolution doesn't exist (as far as I know, ouch, again the same phrase). Are you saying 1024×768?

Sik said:
bigboi said:
That's because these resolution doesn't exist (as far as I know, ouch, again the same phrase). Are you saying 1024×768?

Yeah. The 1000 one. :roll:

That's because the game keeps its aspect ratio and runs at 1024x640. Think of it like letterboxing except with no black bar at the top.

SSNTails said:
That's because the game keeps its aspect ratio and runs at 1024x640. Think of it like letterboxing except with no black bar at the top.
Can you get the screen centered when it doesn't fit for the next release?

Basically, the resolutions that are officially supported are 320x200 and 640x400. Beyond that, you're on your own. If you want a high resolution aspect correct resolution, try 1280x800.

1920x1200 is also aspect-correct, and supported by most video cards. If your monitor can do 1600x1200, it can probably do 1920x1200.

1920×1200???

Man, if these resolution exists, then soon somebody will created a non-resolution monitor, and all is managed via percentages!!! (Good part: no more pixelations).

Wow, it looks like I CAN do 1920x1200. I should check that out...

EDIT: sigseg, or whatever that was. I can run a level IF I loaded it in a smaller resolution, but I can't load it at that resolution since the game will then crash.

Sik said:
1920×1200???

Man, if these resolution exists, then soon somebody will created a non-resolution monitor, and all is managed via percentages!!! (Good part: no more pixelations).

It's called a vector display. They've existed for a very very long time.

SSNTails said:
Sik said:
1920×1200???

It's called a vector display. They've existed for a very very long time.
The things that never arrived here...

And BigBoi... I think that it doesn't exist. Just rewrite the code :?

Who in their right mind would run at such a high resolution? You'd need a magnifying glass to see any kind of letters/words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back