Resource icon

FlowerRNG (Discontinued) 2.0

tertu

cheap spirit
tertu submitted a new resource:

XRNG - Seedable random number generator with extra features

XRNG is a revamped version of my old SeedRng project for v2.1 which has more robust random number generation and is also simpler to use in a correct way. It lets you create multiple random number generator states which need to be seeded, can be network synchronized, et cetera.

L_XRNG_v1.0.wad contains extensive documentation and L_XRNG_tests_v1.0.wad contains some usage examples, but the general way it works is pretty simple. Call XRNG.Hud_Create or...

Read more about this resource...

So I just realized there is already a resource out there called XRNG. To be clear, this is  not a reimplementation of that library or in any way derived from it, I started this library about a year ago but shelved it until recently. I will be renaming this.

Last edited:
tertu updated FlowerRNG (fka XRNG) with a new update entry:

FlowerRNG 2.0 released

FlowerRNG is a revamped version of my old SeedRng project for v2.1 (hence the name) which has more robust random number generation and is also simpler to use in a correct way. It lets you create multiple random number generator states which need to be seeded, can be network synchronized, et cetera. It provides most of the features of the standard SRB2 random number generator functions (all except RandomChance) and a few additional ones (random 32-bit integers, arrays of those, array...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Nope, it's literally just a random number generator library. It doesn't do anything on its own, but you can use it in a mod you make if you need an RNG where you're allowed to set the seed.

tertu updated FlowerRNG with a new update entry:

Discontinuing development in favor of FlowerRNG Lite

I will no longer be updating this library. Any future development will be on FlowerRNG Lite, which is probably more useful and is more efficient. In the near future I will migrate the missing functions in this library to an optional extended set of functions for FlowerRNG Lite, with the exception of the approximate normal generator because I don't think it's a good idea.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back