Exporting the vanilla sprites problem

A'Dilla

For The Win!
Let me explain more... I know how to export sprites as a png but my real problem is how to export it with color? I wanted to resprite this ball form (Sonic's):

ROLLF0.png

And make it look like a dropdash. But I'm not sure how to do it with it grey. Even if I do somehow sprite this I know it will effect the sprite in the game. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Post automatically merged:

I also just want to note that it's a bit late for me for school night so I will close up. Sorry if you need to to answer a question or something

Let me explain more... I know how to export sprites as a png but my real problem is how to export it with color? I wanted to resprite this ball form (Sonic's):

View attachment 46329

And make it look like a dropdash. But I'm not sure how to do it with it grey. Even if I do somehow sprite this I know it will effect the sprite in the game. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Post automatically merged:

I also just want to note that it's a bit late for me for school night so I will close up. Sorry if you need to to answer a question or something
You don’t have the right palette set, so Slade doesn’t know what colors to assign the sprite. I believe it’s at the top and you have to select “srb2.pk3” somewhere

you need to select a base palette, like that
You don’t have the right palette set, so Slade doesn’t know what colors to assign the sprite. I believe it’s at the top and you have to select “srb2.pk3” somewhere
Thanks for the help guys, but now...

config.png

This happends.
Screen Shot 2021-06-03 at 2.13.46 PM.png

I have it set up like in the video but nothing happens.

You should see a gear icon next to the Base Resource dropdown. Click it, click "Add Archive", navigate to SRB2's folder, and select srb2.pk3. Afterwards, the Sonic Robo Blast 2 palette should appear in the palettes. If it doesn't, you can go into the pk3, right-click PLAYPAL, then click on Palette > Add to Custom Palettes. Just be sure to name it and select it in the palette dropdown. Once Sonic appears to be green, you've set it up properly.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back