Dr. Robotnik's Random Error that makes the game close and unable to re-open

FrenksonNG

So there I was doing that one challenge where you have to get a time trial to get a silver medal with Silver (real funny) on Blizzard peak, I was about to cross the finish line when BOOM!! I kid you not a random error that closes my game and now I can't re-open it!!! Can the Kart Krew please help me out? I really enjoy the game. (I added two logs for one where the Blizzard Peak crash happened and one for the can't re-open game with a screenshot of it)

Attachments

• log-2024-06-09_15-24-27.txt
    189.1 KB · Views: 21
  • log-2024-06-09_19-08-05.txt
    168 KB · Views: 18
  • 1717990422870.png
    1717990422870.png
    16.9 KB · Views: 68
Backup these files first:
Capture.PNG

And then reinstall the game into the folder with the installer executable, if your data is lost, copy the files above you to your Ring Racers installation folder.

Please delete these files and remove the .bak extension from the backup copies.
  1. ringdata.dat
  2. ringprofiles.prf
Disable Hide Extensions for Known File Types in Windows Explorer's options before doing this.

This is also posted in the wrong subforum. Please post in Ring Racers Support in the future.

Please delete these files and remove the .bak extension from the backup copies.
  1. ringdata.dat
  2. ringprofiles.prf
Disable Hide Extensions for Known File Types in Windows Explorer's options before doing this.

This is also posted in the wrong subforum. Please post in Ring Racers Support in the future.
Just found this

This won't delete any data right? Don't wanna start over again lol ^^;

Yes. The .bak files are the last version of these files that saved correctly. It's a last resort option, so you may lose a bit of progress.

Yes. The .bak files are the last version of these files that saved correctly. It's a last resort option, so you may lose a bit of progress.
So do I delete: ringdata.dat and ringprofiles.prf and keep the .bak files or delete all four?

I managed to get the game working by removing all four from RR. I did keep the mentioned 4 in a separate folder just in case

So do I delete: ringdata.dat and ringprofiles.prf and keep the .bak files or delete all four?
You have to delete the following files:
ringdata.dat
ringprofiles.prf
as they are corrupted. You seem to have done this already.

The files ending with .bak are automatic backups created by the game; essentially, the last successful saves for the respective file.
To have the game be able to read the backup files as the save files they represent, you have to remove the .bak extension by renaming them.
For example, for ringdata.dat.bak you have to rename it to ringdata.dat.

You have to delete the following files:
ringdata.dat
ringprofiles.prf
as they are corrupted. You seem to have done this already.

The files ending with .bak are automatic backups created by the game; essentially, the last successful saves for the respective file.
To have the game be able to read the backup files as the save files they represent, you have to remove the .bak extension by renaming them.
For example, for ringdata.dat.bak you have to rename it to ringdata.dat.
Gotcha! Thank you!
Post automatically merged:

Yup! It worked, data's all there. Wins'n all. Thank yall so much! ^^

Last edited:
Back