Does anyone know what genre BattleMod is and where I can get more?

PikaJade

I've been obsessed with SRB2 ever since I rediscovered it back in 2021-or-so, and it's pretty easy for me to quantify why. It's straightforward, it's fast, and the numerous character mods give plenty of moveset variety without any one character being too complicated to learn.

I tried out BattleMod for the first time yesterday while working on adding support for a character I'm working on, and... I've only fought Tails Doll so far and I'm hooked. The only problem is that it's impossible to find anyone to play with. (For some reason, the only games I can find on the master server that consistently have more than a couple people online are massive Pizza Tower modpacks...)

I'd try looking for other similar games, but I wouldn't know where to start. Fighting games aren't what I'm looking for, since the cornerstones of the genre and the things I like about SRB2 are pretty well antithetical to each other. The only FPS I've found that scratches somewhat of the same itch is Team Fortress 2, and that doesn't have the same sort of "hit each other until someone dies" simplicity I like in BattleMod.

Does anyone know where I could find something similar to BattleMod?

Sounds like you want to fight other people without having to bother with things like loadouts, classes (to an extent), or practically any other objective that isn't "kill others".
I don't think there's a genre associated to that lol

Most arena shooters I've seen might be something close to what you're looking for. However they tend to have stuff like many weapons, plenty of pickups scattered around the map and the works.
Xonotic comes to mind. It is pretty simple, you pick up stuff and then go attack. Some gamemodes may have an alternate objective, but otherwise it's just getting weapons and attacking.
Maybe Teeworlds too. It has a narrower list of weapons, and it's even more fast paced by virtue of maps being smaller.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back