Custom Character skincolor not changing [FIXED]

SirIncompetent

helo u ar epic gamer
I just started working on a custom character in SLADE 3, and I got the S_SKIN files and Character Select files finished as well, with them all in a PK3, with S_SKIN and Character Select in separate folders. I then copy and pasted all of Sonic's sprites including Super Sonic sprites from "player.dta" into the folder that S_SKIN was residing (SKIN/) right below S_SKIN. When I went to go test out my character, everything looked fine until I selected my custom character and started the game, and I found that my custom character was still using the placeholder green color palette, even though I had set prefcolor to Sapphire and startcolor to a different value. I tried changing prefcolor to a different color, setting it to green, and changing startcolor to the value used on the character tutorial on the wiki, 200, but no luck. Does anyone know why this is happening? I provided pictures of it happening ingame and my S_SKIN file and folder. I would greatly appreciate an answer. I would be happy to provide any further information or a copy of my code (no stealing) if requested. Thank you for your time!
uh.PNG

um.PNG

uhh.PNG

umm.PNG

Last edited:
I just started working on a custom character in SLADE 3, and I got the S_SKIN files and Character Select files finished as well, with them all in a PK3, with S_SKIN and Character Select in separate folders. I then copy and pasted all of Sonic's sprites including Super Sonic sprites from "player.dta" into the folder that S_SKIN was residing (SKIN/) right below S_SKIN. When I went to go test out my character, everything looked fine until I selected my custom character and started the game, and I found that my custom character was still using the placeholder green color palette, even though I had set prefcolor to Sapphire and startcolor to a different value. I tried changing prefcolor to a different color, setting it to green, and changing startcolor to the value used on the character tutorial on the wiki, 200, but no luck. Does anyone know why this is happening? I provided pictures of it happening ingame and my S_SKIN file and folder. I would greatly appreciate an answer. I would be happy to provide any further information or a copy of my code (no stealing) if requested. Thank you for your time!
View attachment 46260

View attachment 46261

View attachment 46262

View attachment 46263
Aha, here's the problem - you modified the startcolor.
The startcolor defines the starting palette color that the sprites THINK are the default green (the 96-111 color range). Sonic's startcolor is the default green (96), so you might need to look up the startcolor that you set on the palette, and replace the greens with that + 15 colors after that.
Or just reset it back to 96.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back