• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Custom ability project

Status
Not open for further replies.

A-star

now Known as Player 1.1
alright, I have just gotten into SOCing. (I have never made a Timer Soc yay!) So I've been taking requests on abilities.

1. FIRE.soc
details: spawns torches, and Fire shield boxes, and allows you to shoot fire balls.
Glitch/ Problems: Torches will not kill enemies
Screen(s):
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/927/firebm1.png

2. AnimalSummoner.soc
details: spawns animals when player gets bored
Glitch/ problems: none
Screen(s):
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/3296/animalsummonerdw4.png

3. Chaos_Blast.soc
details: AutomaticExplosion rings explode at you location when you spin.
Glitch/ Problems: Rings hurt you (I made rings to spawn before it the explosion so you don't die), major lag
Screen(s):
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/1309/chaosblasteb1.png

4. SpringSpin.soc
details: spawns a red spring when you spin
Glitch/ Problems: does not allow you to jump properly
Screens(s):
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/5404/springspin1db3.png
http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/4127/springspin2qc6.png

Feel free to request any ability.

Requests:

Requested by------------------------------Ability
Chaos Knux Explosion Trail (knux Glide)

Can you make Knux's gliding be trail'd by Ring Explosions? I mean the blast from an Explosion Ring.

probably... but it will probably kill you when you glide.

EDIT:

If you really are making Knux Overdrive, Ii allow you to put this in.

K. Do this:

Create a new SOC object in an empty slot. Make Knux spawn those in his first glide frame. Then, edit that object's states so it will explode in two seconds. Awesome.

There's two way to make it not kill you:
A. Make it spawn far enough away
B. What Chaos said

I'll try Chaos's method because it sounds easier. Only problem: I have no idea how to use A_SpawnObject(Relative/Absolute) *checks wiki* Thanks for the advice. <insert deviantArt's "Thank You" smiley here>

EDIT: ... *headasplode* I couldn't understand a word of the wiki's explanation. Can it be translated for those of us not yet taking Calculus?

EDIT2: Just looked at first post. I thought this was a SOC Help Hotline thread. Does that part at the bottom mean that you're actually offering to do these for us?

EDIT3: Yes, I am really making Knux Overdrive. In true (Character)Overdrive spirit he has completely unchanged appearance and overpowered everthing else. This BombGlide is 25% of his SOC, which is the whole wad since the sprites are the same as knux.plr [(C) SSNTails]. I have everything else (CharDescription, Omnipotent S_SKIN stats, Copies of the non-lagging abilities from the other 2 Overdrives (Starburst Cannon (C) [Draykon] and Maxmove from both)) done.

Make a cheese-like chao. @.@ YAY!
Sorry.
Do you think it might be possible to spawn something under an enemy so it kills them?

I was wondering, but it possible to summon (or in this case, shoot) an object that can be only be summoned one at a time, follows you around, charges towards and attacks nearby enemies then afterwards the object flies back to you, and if you get hit the object disappears and you have to use another ring to use it again?

I said:
SRB2 portal ring. It's almost impossible.

You have to make a weapon ring which spawns some sort of teleport object, and then a second one which makes the destination. Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

Ice said:
I said:
SRB2 portal ring. It's almost impossible.
You have to make a weapon ring which spawns some sort of teleport object, and then a second one which makes the destination. Put that in your pipe and smoke it!
Proven to be possible in DECORATE. But not possible in SOCs unless you use an EXE mod that adds a function that can do this.

Slightly more reasonable in ShufflarB2, with A_RemoteAction, and A_Teleport. But there's no way to replicate the tricks with momentum in SRB2.

I beleive Zportal doesn't keep your momentum either.

Unreasonable solution: Port SRB2 to GMod. Just for portal rings.

SonicTheDalek said:
I was wondering, but it possible to summon (or in this case, shoot) an object that can be only be summoned one at a time, follows you around, charges towards and attacks nearby enemies then afterwards the object flies back to you, and if you get hit the object disappears and you have to use another ring to use it again?

You ean sorta like BEAT from Megaman? You know, that annoying-ass robo-bird-thing that actually makes it MORE difficult to destroy an enemy.

My guess to application is: A_SpawnObjectRelative -> A_DualAction(Spikeball / Findtarget) -> A_Chase

with missile status correct?

Chaos Knux said:
SonicTheDalek said:

You ean sorta like BEAT from Megaman? You know, that annoying-ass robo-bird-thing that actually makes it MORE difficult to destroy an enemy.

My guess to application is: A_SpawnObjectRelative -> A_DualAction(Spikeball / Findtarget) -> A_Chase

with missile status correct?
Well, I don't know because I'm not really a good SOCcer. LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back