Continue State Switcher

Continue State Switcher 1.1

ModSomeFun

ModSomeFun submitted a new resource:

The Continue State - When actions speak louder than words... By the press of a button!

View attachment 88042
This script allows the player to use their player's respective Continue animation whenever they press Right-Click on the mouse or the left trigger on a gamepad.

This was just a fun idea I had that would make online interactions a tad more silly.
View attachment 88037

If the skin is missing their Continue sprites, it will instead use their Death sprites. Oh, and the skin is missing their Death sprites as well, then nothing will happen.

This...

Read more about this resource...

So minor criticism about the description of this addon, it uses whatever button Ring Toss is mapped to and not just the buttons you listed. This was somewhat confusing when trying to use it as described. Otherwise the addon works perfectly fine and I can't wait to see goofy shit being made with it. Welcome to releases!

So minor criticism about the description of this addon, it uses whatever button Ring Toss is mapped to and not just the buttons you listed. This was somewhat confusing when trying to use it as described. Otherwise the addon works perfectly fine and I can't wait to see goofy shit being made with it. Welcome to releases!
Oh shoot! Sorry about that. The description has been corrected.

ModSomeFun updated Continue State with a new update entry:

Added Toggleable Console Command

Added a simple console command that toggles between disabling and enabling the mod. Simply input the following:

togglecnt

This is to, "Future Proof," this mod in case the player in a custom Game Mode or is playing a custom character that uses the Fire Normal button. (The Right-Click/Left Trigger button.)

togglecnt2 was also added for Splitscreen Co-op.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Did you even saw the overview?

Yeah, I did. There is no sonic & tails continue, Like this:

srb20004.gif

Yeah, I did. There is no sonic & tails continue, Like this:

View attachment 89867
The short answer is: I simply don't know how to implement Tails' extra continue state, both on a technical basis and on the general grounds of how it should work.

The long answer is: The issue is that Tails has 4 different Continue sprite anims. The 1st is what you've seen. Every character has CNT1. The 2nd, 3rd and 4th are all unique to Tails. Where his 2nd and 3rd are just his falling and spring sprites respectively - but with his tails being merged instead of using separate tail sprites - his 4th is the sprite you're referring to; the unique Sonic continue sprite.

The issue stems where... Well, I'd like to make it where if any character has this extra sprite, it could be called upon. However, I don't know if a custom character can have a Duo Continue sprite. If there's a mod out there that has this, please let me know so that I can figure out how this whole thing works. I've been trying myself but to no avail, as I get console warnings for invalid sprites - even if I use Freeslot. As of right now, I wouldn't know if CNT4 (Sprite anim 4) is what should be used for a custom character or they would use CNT2, since only Tails has 4... But perhaps this is all Hardcoded, so only Tails can do this? I dunno.

See, if I make it where the script looks for CNT4, it would only work with Tails. Let's say that CNT2 does work for a custom character. But what if a different custom character uses CNT2 as the falling sprite just like Tails? Maybe I'd make it check if there's a CNT4 sprite first, then go down to 3, then 2... But that's if custom characters can have a Duo sprite in the first place.

Then there's the actual implementation of the additional continue sprite. How would the player activate it? Should it be done if they're next to another player? If so, that limits them to relying on someone else... (Plus, my lack of LUA knowledge doesn't help, lol.) Perhaps a simple toggle between the 2 sprites would suffice? But only Tails would be getting this treatment at the moment...

It's a tricky situation, and these ran through my head when I was first making this. I decided that - for the time being at least - this mod would only use the CNT1 sprites (the default continue sprites,) for the player as that was the main goal of this mod.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back