Cannot join own SRB2 server because server addons won't download

aratariolu

Member
Hello all, I cannot join my own SRB2 server that I am hosting because the server addons will not download. I am hosting the server on a clean install Debain 12 linux machine, using the flatpak version. When I try to join, it says I need to download addons, then proceeds to show 3 kilobytes of download speed, quickly drops to 0 and hangs there. No matter what I do, it still wouldn't work. It was running perfectly fine when I had Windows 10 on here. Not sure if it has anything to do with it, but it won't register to the Master Server as well. Please help, I really want to host an SRB2 server without reinstalling the whole thing because I also use this to block ads on my whole network. And yes, UDP port 5029 is open on my router, also tried different ports.
 

Attachments

  • Srb2 2025.12.17 - 21.20.37.02.mp4
    1.6 MB
I get this situation too, but I only know that deleting the config.cfg in the hosting device fixes it for me (Just backup in case it won't fix)
 
Hello all, I cannot join my own SRB2 server that I am hosting because the server addons will not download. I am hosting the server on a clean install Debain 12 linux machine, using the flatpak version. When I try to join, it says I need to download addons, then proceeds to show 3 kilobytes of download speed, quickly drops to 0 and hangs there. No matter what I do, it still wouldn't work. It was running perfectly fine when I had Windows 10 on here. Not sure if it has anything to do with it, but it won't register to the Master Server as well. Please help, I really want to host an SRB2 server without reinstalling the whole thing because I also use this to block ads on my whole network. And yes, UDP port 5029 is open on my router, also tried different ports.
For some reason v2.2.15 seems to have broken the "Files are too big" error? When you're hosting try putting "maxsend MAX" in the console, that usually fixes the issue for me.
 

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back
Top