• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Bringing Rayman to SRB2 (Cancelled)

Do not post about project plans without proof that you have started
(Update: As of Aug 15, I am no longer interested in working on this mod anymore.)

Hello, everyone. This is my very first time making a mod so let's kick of with

RAYMAN COMING TO SRB2
rayman_3_rayman_pose (1).png

This is just a announcement btw, I haven't started development just yet but I think I will either around Friday or Saturday
(I will also be the main programmer, just have to learn Lua.)

Of course Rayman isn't Rayman without his two basic abilites:
Fists: He can throw his fists at enemies at a long range.
Helicopter: By holding jump, he can use his Helicopter Hair to glide long distances.

Further plans include adding the powerups from Rayman 3, swimming mechanics, purple lums, and more abilites.

Why Bring Rayman Into SRB2?
Well, the reason why is because there are these OLDC levels made by Vixuzen Heavily Inspired by Rayman 2 and I felt like these levels would fit perfectly with an actual Rayman Mod.
Rayman 2 level.png

I also need some spriters, animators, etc. Because I can't draw nor sprite and also needing a second (or third) programmer because I felt like I can't do this alone with me being the only programmer.

GOALS
The main goal of this mod is to make Rayman fun to play as possible.

Any Questions?

Edit:
It looks like I'll just use pre render models and do the coding myself instead.

Last edited:
Edit 2: DEVELOPMENT OF RAYMAN IN SRB2 HAS JUST BEGUN.

I Just Need to Lua, 3D Animation and all the stuff needed to make a mod quick since I never worked on making a SRB2 mod before.

You have no idea how much a friend of mine would freak out over this, I gotta show it to them

Short question though, what's the intentions for Rayman's Ability set? And are there any games in the series specifically he'll be based off of?

You have no idea how much a friend of mine would freak out over this, I gotta show it to them

Short question though, what's the intentions for Rayman's Ability set? And are there any games in the series specifically he'll be based off of?
It would be the 3D Rayman titles (and maybe even Origins/Legends) that I'll take Inspiration from like Rayman 2, 3, and M/Arena.

As for the abilities, I plan to include length grabbing, sprinting, swimming, and more.

I was just being Impatient I guess.

BTW, I will upload the gameplay footage to Youtube when it's done.

Last edited:
I'm very sorry everyone, I don't know what to say but I completely lost the motivation to work on this mod.

In other words, the mod is cancelled (sorry).

I'll probably work on different mods like cinematic cameras of something.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back