Isolated Case Blocks of light/lasers glitch visuals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seravilo

So, whenever I'm in any sort of level that has lasers in them, my screen glitches out heavily, so I can't see anything in front of me, making it especially hard to navigate in later vanilla levels like Egg Rock Zone (including addon levels from Mystic Realm, Tortured Planet, etc) and even the special stages too.

I play with OpenGL and 3D models, but it's never been a problem in the past.
I play the game in fullscreen 1280x720 resolution which is the option directly above the recommended.
I have to change this setting every time I start the game, so I changed it to the default setting in the game's config file.
Even changing the resolution back to it's recommended doesn't seem to work either.
This has been a problem for the past couple of months and, needless to say, I don't know how to fix nor get around it, yet, I've not seen nor heard of anybody else having this problem.

My specs are:
Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor 3.40 GHz
Radeon RX 590 Series
16.0 GB RAM

Attachments

• ERZ2 Laser Room.gif
    ERZ2 Laser Room.gif
    6.6 MB · Views: 139
  • srb20013.gif
    srb20013.gif
    4.5 MB · Views: 106
  • ERZ Nights.gif
    ERZ Nights.gif
    2.6 MB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Holy-... That's weird as heck, never seen OpenGL flip out this badly before, how long have you had that PC for? Could be the gpu just getting rusty old or something.

well... oddly enough, I no longer have that problem o.o
I just tested it... very odd....
I may have I remember reinstalling the game files one time - set to replace old/missing files and that may have fixed it.
I also removed and reapplied the thermal paste on my CPU somewhere since the original post date - if that makes a difference (kinda messed up the spread of the paste when I initially installed the part)
Sooo... Case closed (??) 🤷‍♀️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back