Avatar rule modification proposal

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSNTails

What part of 'RETIRED' don't you understand?
I propose that the following be amended to the avatar rules...

If you have no signature, you are allowed to use a 144x192 avatar. Image filesize restrictions still apply, however.

SSNTails said:
I propose that the following be amended to the avatar rules...

If you have no signature, you are allowed to use a 144x192 avatar. Image filesize restrictions still apply, however.
Do you mean no image in signature, or words too?

I personally think 144x144 is too big, and the whole reason it is 144x144 is because you broke the rules a while back and I was too lazy to punish you.

I'm not talking about sig space, I'm just talking about physical space. If you have a larger vertical avatar, it will extend the length of those famous 1-line posts. The basic truth is that if you really need 144x192, just shrink it to 100x144 or so. There is plenty of space in 144x144 to get the image across.

I remember when the image limit on most places was 64x64 ^_~

And what about a resizer? The freeservers forum had a feature that resizes the avatar to the maximum allowed size when it's bigger. (I mean physical size).

Mystic said:
I personally think 144x144 is too big, and the whole reason it is 144x144 is because you broke the rules a while back and I was too lazy to punish you.

O_o We've had it at 144x144 since the dawn of time, because that's what SFGHQ's limit is. I know I broke the 144x144 limit once... :lol:

And by no signature, I mean no signature. Right now someone with a sig and a 144x144 avatar can eat up just as much space as someone with a 144x192 avatar and no sig.

While this isn't a valid point for allowing veritcally bigger avatars, (let's pretend I said 192x144 just for this example), with 192x144 I could have included Megaman and Zero sitting around the campfire toasting marshmellows with Bass.

144x192 is 3:4 aspect ratio as well, suitable for portrait orientation digital photos.

I could write a PHP script that resizes your avatar to 144x144. It would be a simple call to resizer.php?url=http://yourpicturehere , if you'd like.

SSNTails said:
O_o We've had it at 144x144 since the dawn of time, because that's what SFGHQ's limit is. I know I broke the 144x144 limit once... :lol:
Actually, it started at 128x128. You'll notice my avatar is still that size =P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back