AUTOEXEC not functioning? (SRB2Kart v1.6)

JomSpoons

I'm looking for a way to automatically load many addons automatically when launching SRB2Kart. The two most common methods I see suggested for doing this is using a launcher software (which I'm not too interested in) or configuring an autoexec.cfg file. I don't know what the issue is, but no matter what I do, autoexec seems to load nothing I throw at it.

I have all of my files for SRB2Kart kept in C:\Games\SRB2Kart and I keep all of my addons in a subfolder called ADDONS (C:\Games\SRB2Kart\ADDONS)
I have tried creating an autoexec.cfg file in the SRB2Kart folder with addfile commands included. I have tried moving one or more addon files to the SRB2Kart folder, as well as specifying the exact file path, but neither of these have worked for me. I'm not sure if there's a way to only specify a subdirectory instead of an entire path, but that probably wouldn't work either.

Here is an example of how I might setup my autoexec, which ends up not loading anything for me:
autoexec:
addfile bonuschars.kart
addfile C:\Games\SRB2Kart\ADDONS\kc_animechars_v7.pk3

One thing I've tried that has worked is Method 3 from here. However, I can't figure out how to load multiple addons automatically this way since I don't know how to add a working wildcard for the filename and filetype. I'm probably missing something obvious with the autoexec file but I'm not sure what. I'd appreciate any guidance.

you can also load multiple addons using spaces between them in the command line parameter -file
like this

srb2kart.exe -file bonuschars.kart KC_morechars.pk3 (etc...)

I have added an addendum to the linked Wiki article explaining that detail to prevent this confusion from happening again. I know it's not common to explain how to troubleshoot a mod in the middle of a vanilla article, but this confusion has happened before (including to me).

Thank you guys! The only question I'd have now is whether or not it's possible to use a wildcard in kartexec.cfg so I can load my entire ADDONS folder all at once without manually adding each new one. Is there any way I can do that?

SRB2(Kart) does not support wildcards. If it did, I'd reckon it would cause a lot of undesirable issues lol

If you have the know how, you could make a script that reads all the addons you have and creates a kartexec file for you.
I believe somebody made a script that launches a game with -file and a lot of files afterwards, but I can't seem to find it :oh:

Oh yeah, I should probably mention. Autoloading mods like this will prevent you from joining servers that do not match this file list in this order.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back