Android 2.2.9 Open GL Black Screen on Nvidia Shield

Every version before this had loaded OpenGL fine, but now when I switch to it in this version I only get a black screen. I can still play and hear everything, and can swap it back so long as I am still on the setting, but it turns everything to a black screen.

Also, the game no longer recognizes the Nvidia Shield controller at all, but I can use a PS4 controller at least. Any help would be appreciated.
Post automatically merged:

Ok, I actually managed to get the Nvidia Shield controller working. Had t set Touch Screen controls to "No" on the config.txt and Set gamepad1 to "5"
still no luck on the OpenGL Black Screen situation

I'm going to assume for now that the Nvidia Shield is no longer compatible with OpenGL, unfortunate because it performs flawlessly in that mode. Software mode tanks to unplayable framerates (09-12) sadly at Arid Canyon.

Idk how this stuff works tho, but I thought the Shield's Tegra X hardware would keep up with the updates. Was a good run tho.

Last edited:
Either delete your config or dont use navidia. A new patch version of 2.2.9 for android came out do u have that version? U can get the new patch in srb2.org

Also one more thing did you put any of your 2.2.8 files in the 2.2.9 srb2 android data folder? That also might be the cause of the situation

If none of that works your device just might not be powerful enough

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back