A question about sectors...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceKGreen

Neon Knight
Hello. I've looked through the wiki, the various tutorials available, and searched through this forum several times, but I haven't found an answer to this question.

I decided that before I go making a full fledged WAD, that I would start by messing with the existing levels. I've already got adding Things down (gargoyles in THZ2 to test on the conveyors), and I've converted an existing sector in GFZ1 into a conveyor, but I need to know...

How does one divide an existing sector into two? I've tried several times, but all I managed to get was nasty one-sided walls and sectors you couldn't enter.

Pics:

Here's the sector I want to divide (highlighted).
ProblemRef1.png

This pic shows where I want to divide it, in case that helps. (purple line)
ProblemRef2.png

Any help on this problem would be highly appreciated.

You can create a new linedef, by clicking on the vertex you want to start on, and drag it to the one you want to end on. An old Wad Author trick would be to create a new sector (sectors mode > ctrl + right click), and join the sector linedefs with each other.

I hope I can explain this right...

You can't actually 'split' sectors, but you can make a new sector over the existing linedefs there as long as you don't get partial sectors midway into your new sector, or have linedefs cross over other linedefs or vertices.

Thank you very much for your help... I've finally gotten it to do what I've wanted.

I guess while I'm here I might as well add one last question...

Is there any way to get at the bot AI in SRB2JTE? I've noticed that when you play in race mode on any of the single-player levels, the bots seem to have an AI that might actually prove a challenge, if tuned right, but the coding that causes them to teleport to the player in other modes causes them to go inactive when you get too far away. I'm wondering, if you turn off that bit, would a bot eventually be able to make it's way to the end of GFZ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back