Invalid 2.2.11 breaking characters

Maverick

Level Designer, Smart Bastard
as of now, 2.2.11 has broken characters like: tails doll (from R-chars), tangle, and Juno.
srb20012.png
srb20014.png

it doesn't show up in movie mode for some reason
srb20000.gif
srb20001.gif

I couldn't be bothered with Juno due to the garbage that is the search system, but it's just his jump ability but without the blue line assist thingy.

it's not about the mods themselves, it's about how 2.2.11's rendering breaks what worked in previous versions.
Literally usual in every update ever
The creator of the mod just needs to update it to accomodate the changes made in 2.2.11 ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

Literally usual in every update ever
The creator of the mod just needs to update it to accomodate the changes made in 2.2.11 ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
It's not usual in every patch/minor update, 2.2.11 is quite unique compared to other 2.2 versions when it comes to breaking compatibility with older mods.

It's not usual in every patch/minor update, 2.2.11 is quite unique compared to other 2.2 versions when it comes to breaking compatibility with older mods.
exactly, leaving 2.2.10 to 2.2.11 as a really weird moment only comparable to that of 2.1-2.2 in which left if not all mods from 2.1 unusable, this isn't as extreme but is a good if not the only comparison I can think of.

Last edited:
Addons that break in v2.2.11 (apart from visual errors) usually do so because of the Lua safety changes mentioned in the changelog. While I'm not well versed enough with the changes to go into detail, the changes were very much necessary. Addon creators will need to update their code to work around the changes.

In other words, it's not a bug, it's a feature. We know that sucks, but please understand the changes were not made lightly. Please be patient while creators update their characters.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back