Saving problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today i installed Metal Sonic character mod i played with him a while and took a break (exited game) then i wanted to play again but when i went into singleplayer i didn't have my save with progress as metal sonic. I also noticed that when i start game without mod game saves without problem but with mod i can't save game. Thanks for help

P.S: Sorry for my bad english im from Poland.

Saves for addons can only be accessed after you add the mod. SRB2 doesn't save addons after you close the game. They have to be manually added every time you launch the game, or you can make a batch file that launches the game with the addon you want (personally, I've never used this method. Mostly because I don't know how).

Saves for addons can only be accessed after you add the mod. SRB2 doesn't save addons after you close the game. They have to be manually added every time you launch the game, or you can make a batch file that launches the game with the addon you want (personally, I've never used this method. Mostly because I don't know how).

Kinda not what i mean. I KNOW how to load mods and addons just THE GAME doesn't save my progress with mods like i completed zone and then exited to title and went again into single player mode there's no save data.

Only map addons can save your progress, like Mystic Realm and Tortured Planet. Character addons not.

Too, the game only saves progress for the 3 default characters and the extra option Sonic & Tails.

I'm not sure if there is a way for save your game with a custom character.

Only map addons can save your progress, like Mystic Realm and Tortured Planet. Character addons not.

Too, the game only saves progress for the 3 default characters and the extra option Sonic & Tails.

Awww too bad. I hope there will be update which will allow saving using custom characters. Thanks for anwser.

Probably never going to be an update doing that. It's to prevent you from just loading HMS and unlocking everything with no effort.

There's acctually a way for this you just need load custom character first then map addons

The reasoning for all of this is that the game doesn't save gamedata or save files if the game's marked as modified, unless the last WAD added also specifies a custom gamedata to use. If you'd like to save progress through the SP levels with custom characters, the best way to do it would be to make an SOC that looks something like this and load it after all other files:

Code:
MAINCFG
GameData = customcharactersave.dat

CLEAR unlockables
CLEAR emblems
CLEAR extraemblems
CLEAR conditionsets

That'd result in an SOC that can allow Record Attack and save files with custom characters, without worrying about unlockables and such.

The reasoning for all of this is that the game doesn't save gamedata or save files if the game's marked as modified, unless the last WAD added also specifies a custom gamedata to use. If you'd like to save progress through the SP levels with custom characters, the best way to do it would be to make an SOC that looks something like this and load it after all other files:

Code:
MAINCFG
GameData = customcharactersave.dat

CLEAR unlockables
CLEAR emblems
CLEAR extraemblems
CLEAR conditionsets

That'd result in an SOC that can allow Record Attack and save files with custom characters, without worrying about unlockables and such.

SOC ? Sorry if i sound dumb but i'm actually pretty new to editing this game and such.

SOCs by themselves are simple text files with the .soc file extension. You can just copy that snippet into notepad or something and save it in your addons folder.

SOCs by themselves are simple text files with the .soc file extension. You can just copy that snippet into notepad or something and save it in your addons folder.

I did what you said, but the game crashes after loading .soc file.

Edit:Nevermind everything works fine now. Thanks alot.

Last edited:
That's because the SOC clears out unlockables. You can modify it to re-add that unlockable if you're interested in record attacks, but note that records won't be saved to your vanilla gamedata.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back