• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Releasing some mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow

Hi. I wasn't quiiiiite sure where to put this, but I'll be throwing out a few uncompleted mods on this post. These mods have been sitting around collecting dust and I'd rather it all not be a waste. Your more than welcome to tinker around with them but please ask first. These mods will probably not have any pictures for you... but we'll see. THESE MODS ARE 1.09.4 ONLY, if you want to convert them, go ahead.

The Mansion is a horror puzzle solving mod. Use the custom characters in a solo multiplayer game,or with a friend. There is no true ending as i never completely finished this, but when you kill electricity 3 times you beat it.
That will make sense when you play it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?6hq35xkj07mg8hj

Next is a little mod called MKraces5(ALSO FOR 1.09.4). MKraces was a big mod back in 2005ish...and its been tweaked and poked at for YEARS. its not really unfinished...but I'd like to do a lot more with it.
This is meant for time-only race. To play this CORRECTLY,use only the mario characters... go into DM settings while hosting a game. Turn Item respawn on,and set it to 5 seconds. Turn super rings to high, turn off teleporters, eggman box, and fire shields, leaving everything else to medium.

Map 20-24 = Mushroom cup
Map 25-29 = Flower Cup
Map 30-34 = Star Cup
Map 35-39 = Crack Cup

http://www.mediafire.com/?enqnsxhr2i3q49v

Like before, if anyone REEEAAAAALLY wants to port this to 2.x, go ahead. Just say something before please.

Last edited:
One word
Finally!
I've been waiting for this for... 3 years? It sure too you long enough. Gotta download 1.09.4 again. Are you planning to relase the second minimod anytime soon?

Last edited:
This thing totally succeeded in freaking me out - Even though I haven't SEEN anything scary yet, it's the suspense, subtle messages/diary entries and sounds that give me the scary feeling.

ARE there any scary enemies that will pop out at some point? Or does the scariness just come from the suspense?

They will pop up. When you're not expecting. When you hear unusual sound it means danger is close...

I'm planning to give out Sonic Corp and MKraces. MKraces has been significantly upgraded since the last official release on here. Sonic Corp is unfinished sadly.

Also, as for the mansion, make it fun for everyone, try not to spoil ;)

This will look fun to play, as i seen the video of it.

I must say, this wad succeeded in making me feel very uneasy for all the right reasons. As a horror mod, your mansion was certainly a success.

The next part of the post will be discussing various gameplay elements and contain a few spoilers regarding scripted events. So I would reccomend playing the wad before reading this.

However, while I was unsettled and scared for a large amount of my time spent in this level. I was frustrated by the presentation of the puzzles and I was often unsure of what the solved puzzles actually did. For example, I had no way of knowing what was achieved when I completed the puzzle involving the set of monoliths inside the mansion. This developed to a point where I believed I had solved all of the puzzles that could be accessed and I was forced to use devmode and noclip to explore certain areas of the mansion because I had no sense of direction on where to progress next.

Also, while I was scared for a large portion of the wad. After I found the room with Maria and the fiend emerging from her body, I suddenly stopped taking the horror seriously. It was just too over the top and there was no subtlety involved, from that point onwards I found the fiends funny rather than horrifying.

For the most part, I enjoyed my experience with this wad. It made for quite an interesting change of pace. I would reccomend taking the effort of converting it to 2.0, so you can make a formal release on the releases section in future. Even if it is unfinished, there is still enough content here to provide some decent entertainment.

All legit feedback. Thanks for it. The puzzles, while they dont say what you achieve, there were supposed to be tons of them. it was supposed to be an even split of horror and puzzle solving,but never got that far.

Also, MKraces is now up.

Last edited:
i finished the mansion it was rly cool the first time i did it actully got me scared xD but now its not as scary but still fun

If it's old, unfinished stuff that was made back in 1.09.4, I guess so. If you're trying to make and release new content for 1.09.4 so you can exploit features that were removed in 2.0, you should probably forget it because those features were removed for a reason. The Releases section is obviously only for 2.0 stuff.

I just played the mansion level, and wow, just wow.

First it's a completly new concept in SRB2, going slow, solving puzzles, but not only that, the atmosphere is also great, the music, the sound effects when you are near a fiend.
And not only that, it's just 1 level, and if it's your first time playing it, it can take from 30m to 1h, which for 1 SRB2 level is actually quite a feat.
Overall, I would say that you did an excelent job, I wish someday you would finish it and port it to 2.0 :P

BTW, can you release Sonic Corp as well? I've seen a few youtube videos and it looks awesome!

It seems it's a scary level ? It looks pretty cool, but for some reasons, I got an instant kill in MAP01 or MAP02, when I appear in the level. Maybe it's because of my SRB2 version ?

I just played the mansion level, and wow, just wow.
Overall, I would say that you did an excelent job, I wish someday you would finish it and port it to 2.0 :P

BTW, can you release Sonic Corp as well? I've seen a few youtube videos and it looks awesome!

The Mansion mod was ported to 2.0.6 the wad was called Mansion14.wad, I think "A Hedgehog" ported it if I'm correct. But the ported version only has MAP01 not MAP02 for some reason.

Heres the link to the ported version.
http://www.4shared.com/file/YX3z1WdB/mansion14.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back