• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Ray.wad (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

H Y P E R

Standing-10.png

I'm working on a Ray.wad! Tell me what you think!
He will be as slow as Tails and his ability will be glide.
After I've finished Ray, I'm gonna start on Bean! :D

nitro_the_hedghog said:
Shading and tail needs work.
I can't really fix the shading because SRB2's pallete is so
limited (Especially with yellow, theres no color between the lighter
yellow and the darker yellow). As for the tail, I'll get to work
on that right away!
EDIT: Touched up the tail (Check first post).

It was a good idea to use SonicRE as a base, you've edited his sprites pretty extensively. Although he could use some more differences if you want him to be fully unique enough from the base sprites. I suggest using a darker color for his skin, slightly smaller eyes, shade his hands differently, etc. Also, make his head a little more curved than it is now in certain frames, I can easily tell you only cropped out Sonic's quills and drew a line over it. You also forgot his patagium under the arms(He's a flying squirrel after all. :P) and some of the hair sticking up on the top of his head.
Also, you do actually have quite a few color choices for yellow, just take a look at SonicRE's super form. There are lots of shades of yellow in the SRB2 palette you can use to fix the shading. It wouldn't allow him to change colors properly if you used both sets of yellows that are color mapped separately, but meh, 1.1 isn't too far from now anyway. :P

So you're making a Ray too? Time for a little competition >:D
Anyway, I added the tuft of fur on his head, the skin under the arms,
made the skin darker and a few other things. (Check the first post)

H Y P E R said:
So you're making a Ray too? Time for a little competition >:D
That is not what my sleep-deprived mind was trying to type out, I need to stop posting at 4 in the morning, sorry if that caused any confusion. >_<
What I meant to say was how glad I was that someone else is doing it, because I can't and won't make it myself. Trust me, if I was working on a Ray WAD, all of you would have known about it.
Ray is a very obscure one-hit wonder, at least everyone knows who Mighty is thanks to Knuckles Chaotix. The squirrel only appeared in one arcade game that most outside of Japan would not have known existed without the internet. This is why I won't make one, because I don't personally feel he's worth the investment of both my time and effort.

i think his tail is a little too big
also, ray's skin is suposed to be a little darker...something like shadow's skin...
but the sprites look good, keep up the good work ;D

Oh something bugging me. I think he's really good for a recolor, but he was probably the only semi-classic character with dark skin. I dunno. I think that it looked better as a contrast to the bright yellow.

ray's arms aren't supposedly his muzzle color, make them yellow.

here's a ref picture:
ray.gif

EDIT: might wanna make him faster than tails, just slightly slower than knux.

Speedylizzard14 said:
ray's arms aren't supposedly his muzzle color, make them yellow.

here's a ref picture:
ray.gif

EDIT: might wanna make him faster than tails, just slightly slower than knux.
Yeah, I know they're yellow, but this is what I think that
Ray would look like in next gen (Notice the shoes are different)
I think he looks better with tan arms.
And I think I will make his normalspeed 28.

Speedylizzard14 said:
you have a point there.

try making his default color gold.
But I think he looks better in yellow =P
EDIT: Actually, making him gold might not
be such a bad idea. I'll make a gold version,
then decide which color looks better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back