Fixed Metal Sonic can get stuck in ACZ2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparkette

See the attached screenshot. It looks like this area is intended for Knuckles, but I was able to get there using Metal Sonic's hover, as it's similar to Knuckles' glide. But since Metal can't climb walls, he can't progress past this point. I tried to go back by hovering above the bottomless pit I traveled over to get there; there were two ways I could go but both of them were dead ends aside from platforms that were too high to reach. (Some of them just barely.)

Normally when taking this route with Metal Sonic, one would start high enough that they could simply hover over the entire pit without landing on any of the platforms. But I saw rings there and only needed one more to go super, so I intentionally landed there, intending on using a spring to get up which I incorrectly assumed would be there.

Having to jump into a bottomless pit and lose a life isn't the end of the world; there are places where, by design, you're likely to accidentally do that anyway if you aren't careful. It's not like there's a checkpoint on that platform or anything. But this doesn't seem to be an intentional hazard; if it were, it wouldn't look like a safe place to land, or if it did, there'd at least be some kind of visible hazard an astute player could notice before it's too late. I guess you could technically notice that there's no spring there if you're looking real carefully, but even if you don't see a spring, the natural assumption is going to be that there's some other way to progress past that point that isn't immediately obvious. Being forced to jump into a bottomless pit simply because you didn't realize there'd be no way to progress feels like a cheap death, and this seems like a pretty clear bug to me.

Attachments

• srb20000.png
    srb20000.png
    184.6 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back