Suggestions

Midi setting needs more songs

I just discovered the midi option weeks ago and it made the game 2 times better for me, and you could even use other soundfonts by downloading them and putting them into your srb2 file. Problem is, some of the stages have no midi songs like the fight with fang or frozen hillside. There are a few other stages without music when using the midi option and I would like that to be fixed.You could just make new midis for them and I would be satisfied. Maybe you could even update the midis that are in now to sound a little better. Please update this because I would really like it. :woeisme:.

Some things

FIX THAT FUCKING OPEN GL COLOR THING
Add hard tutorial
Make sonic a bit faster
Add some languages (ESPAÑOL, ENGLISH, PORTUGUESSE,)
Improve pipe towers
Add chat macro's
Allow singleplayer commands in multiplayer
Add nuke command (oh)
Improve greenflower zone
Add a multiplayer command
TAGS
If you say a bad word when its on, the message gets tagged.
If you say a bad word when its off, the message doenst get tagged.
THAT ROBLOX STYLE!

Just two minor suggestions:
  • Flags that hover around the player after they finish the level shouldn't show up in Singleplayer.

This is unintended behavior and is already fixed in master builds of the game, which you can download and use with full netgame compatibility.

Personally I would prefer it to lock on via button press, and then not unlock until you press again. It's inconvenient needing to hold it, but it would also be inconvenient being unable to look where you want whenever you feel like it.

There's already an option for this in the camera submenu.

FIX THAT FUCKING OPEN GL COLOR THING
Add hard tutorial
Make sonic a bit faster
Add some languages (ESPAÑOL, ENGLISH, PORTUGUESSE,)
Improve pipe towers
Add chat macro's
Allow singleplayer commands in multiplayer
Add nuke command (oh)
Improve greenflower zone
Add a multiplayer command
TAGS
If you say a bad word when its on, the message gets tagged.
If you say a bad word when its off, the message doenst get tagged.
THAT ROBLOX STYLE!
Mind if I ask what you mean by improving Greenflower? They already improved it relative to 2.1 by quite a bit, so if you could be more specific, that'd help almost everyone to potentially implement what you want.

To add onto the ficklecam suggestions: an option to make the vertical look move back to neutral on its own. I currently use the center camera button very often for this purpose since the camera is very sensitive to moving up and down even when I only intend to move it left and right, so it very quickly goes off center.

To add onto the ficklecam suggestions: an option to make the vertical look move back to neutral on its own. I currently use the center camera button very often for this purpose since the camera is very sensitive to moving up and down even when I only intend to move it left and right, so it very quickly goes off center.

I've been feeling like something was missing but I wasn't sure what. Now I realize it was exactly this. I strongly agree with this suggestion.

Suggestion: in the NiGHTS special stages, show how many spheres are left before the egg capsule can be destroyed, not just how many spheres have been collected so far. Either that, or continuously show on the screen the amount of spheres needed, so for instance, if you have one sphere left on a stage that needs 80 spheres it'll say "79/80" on the top left corner. It can be annoying forgetting how many spheres you need or just not paying attention to the number because you assumed you had enough already.

Suggestion: in the NiGHTS special stages, show how many spheres are left before the egg capsule can be destroyed, not just how many spheres have been collected so far. Either that, or continuously show on the screen the amount of spheres needed, so for instance, if you have one sphere left on a stage that needs 80 spheres it'll say "79/80" on the top left corner. It can be annoying forgetting how many spheres you need or just not paying attention to the number because you assumed you had enough already.
You...You do know that it already (more-or-less) does that, right?

You mean the color behind the number of spheres currently collected? I know of that, but I still think it would be good to have a clear indicator at all times of the exact number of spheres left.
I mean, I can see your point

You'd be too focused on the game though, and if the HUD was too large, it might be distracting

I mean, I can see your point

You'd be too focused on the game though, and if the HUD was too large, it might be distracting

Eh... You could just as easily use the same argument to say that there's no reason to show ring counts in normal levels.

Actually, that's an even better argument. After all, it doesn't really matter in Sonic games how many rings you have as long as it's more than 0.

Eh... You could just as easily use the same argument to say that there's no reason to show ring counts in normal levels.

Actually, that's an even better argument. After all, it doesn't really matter in Sonic games how many rings you have as long as it's more than 0.

It matters if you care about 1-ups. IIRC both the 100 and 200 ring count give you 1-ups in SRB2. Even veterans can find incentive to make sure their lives counter is more than the default 3 once they get far enough into the campaign.

Honestly I don't think a counter keeping track of exactly how many more orbs you need to break the capsule would necessarily need to be anything obstructive. If it had the same font size as the ring counter and didn't use fancy graphics, I don't think it would be a problem at all.

Teams to be able to use multiple versions of a color.
I mean at least have cornflower and sapphire available to blue team, they look pretty much the same.
I believe us getting certain different shades of red and blue that don't look too different would be nice.
That and cornflower is just a better version of blue.

Put light pillar FOFs or some other visual indicator for the NiGHTS stages' goals so that they can be seen from afar or high above. It's currently very easy to just miss the goal if you're not acquainted with the stage, specially for newbies.

More Hud Options / Merge Request

I suggest that there should be more HUD options in Vanilla.

Currently we're stuck with that ugly white box, with the characters facing left instead of right. We also have that old Sonic 2 HUD. I believe we should be able to customize our HUD with Sonic 3's or Sonic Mania's which there are already addons for, or even the kart's hud which looks really nice. The Adventure Hud is also very good.

I think my Transparent Life Icons wad should in some way get inside the game, or you could make your own if mine has some issues. (Link https://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=46538) As an option in video-settings most likely would fit. Perhaps the Mania option would have a Mania hud, and the Classic would have a classic hud. I really do think my Transparent Life Icons look much better than the ugly white box we currently have. The problem is my addon triggers the game modifier tag, which can be a turnoff for many. It is also completely graphical, so it wouldn't change the game really. It's an option for players.

While i'm at it, I believe we should have the option to change the HUDNAME in multiplayer to our actual name unless it's too long. And be able to change Tails to Miles, and KTE to Knux, or even Fang to Nack, without having to use an addon. Also Amy R. should just be Amy... the R has no reason to be there. Nobody calls her Amy Rose.
I think initials are unappealing, Sonic The Hedgehog isn't S.T.H, and that would look HORRIBLE. I know you had K.T.H because the classic games may have had it like that, and because KNUCKLES wouldn't fit (which you might even be able to make fit IF you wanted to).

I think the green goop in the brak robotnik fight should go back to being lava. I dont see how it can do the same amount of damage as lava. (hope i didnt post this already)

Lava is now solid enough that doing that would crush you if you stood underneath it and Brak would be unable to walk through it. It's slime now for gameplay reasons.

Lava is now solid enough that doing that would crush you if you stood underneath it and Brak would be unable to walk through it. It's slime now for gameplay reasons.

I do wish the instances of colored slime were more consistent in behavior though. The green slime in Techno Legacy and in the Brak Eggman fight does damage, the purple slime makes you bounce, and the blue slime Eggman tosses at you in the THZ boss... Also hurts you. Following the logic of slime behavior being color coded, the player learns the following information as they play:
Purple slime = bouncy
Blue slime = hurts
Green slime = hurts

It's therefore confusing when you see blue slime for the first time, find out it hurts you, see green slime for the first time, remember that purple and blue are both different, and then inevitably get hurt trying to figure out what it does. As such, it makes sense that either the slime Eggman tosses at you should be green, or the slime that hurts you in TLZ and the Brak Eggman fight should be blue, to make all the slime that hurts you the same color.

I would also suggest making it so that first time players seeing the different colored slime for the first time are given demonstrations of what they do so that they don't have to assume. For example, maybe a badnik falls off a cliffside early on in THZ1 and bounces off the purple slime, demonstrating to the player what it does and that it's safe to touch. Then later when they get to THZ2, they see another badnik fall into green slime and get destroyed on contact, teaching the player that this stuff in dangerous.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 6, Members: 0, Guests: 6)

Back