• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

DarkMystic.wad (making it less of a recolor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Mystic

I am now beginning to work on sprites for my new Dark Mystic. I am going to try to make it as less of a recolor as I can.

EDIT: Sorry SMS, I kinda made my DarkMystic.wad's hair go up like your did. I didn't rip it, but I just flipped Super Sonic's hair vertically on paint. I thought I should let you know before I posted the pic.

Oh, I shall post my pic as soon as it is done...which shall be soon.

EDIT: /me sighs. Can someone please help me? I have a picture:

but I need someone to make shading for me. I am not really good at it. Shading and some editing to it. It is a basic outline of the character sprite. Please help me...

The color is supposed to be dark grey with shading now. The eyes are supposed to be dark red. The gloves are supposed to be like Sonic's except they have a green stripe going down the outside of the glove. He has a colored aura around him that can be changed in the wad. His shoes are gold (as you see I tried to shade it), some other color that I don't care as long as it is not pink, and the changable color that changes with the aura. Please help. I did the best I could for an outline.

You should use the GIMP, or some other program that handles pallets, than maybe you will have an easier to figure out what colors work or not.

That is still unconstructive criticism. You need to leave tips on how the person can improve. Just simply yelling out "Recolor!" isn't going to benefit anyone.

I think he's more referring to the topic, which states "Less of a recolor", when a recolor is still a recolor.
Anyways, as I've said before: Editing the Sonic sprites is tremendously boring and abused. Try drawing something yourself. Or edit something else. :|

I think it is pretty nice, but I doubt that it will look as graphically polished without any smoothing of borders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back