A Trio of 2.2 Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.
You call that ancient yet theres SSNTails' ugly 1999 Tails sprites.

To me Tails looks way fine. Sure, he woudn't mind some polish to look more like Fucking Sonic and Chuckles, but the only thing I find ugly in the current Tails is his spinning animation.

SSN's Tails was always cute to me; they haven't aged badly at all. The sprites only need a few little bits of pixels that don't change color cleaned up, and they probably already are.

Knuckles was the one that needed complete assets to start with. Sonic getting new sprites too is extremely nice and much appreciated, but obviously an optional labor of love.

They're cute but they don't really look like Tails, also the flying and spinning animations are shit.

Last edited:
Let's... get away from that rambling about what may or may not be a good set of character sprites and look at something decidedly prettier; a preliminary display of the new available character colours.

FeminineAnchoredFiddlercrab.gif

4 more colors and it would be 32. An individual color for each player (if the game or the netcode or the server or probably all of those would allow handling 32 players at once.)
But otherwise it's nice to see a bigger roster of colors to pick from.

White needs to be remade badly. Otherwise its an beautiful job.

I kind of agree with this; white has always felt like an eyesore since it only contains the really bright whites. Is there anyway to make it reach slightly lower into the greys without making it look too much like silver? Perhaps keeping it mostly white and then have the color dip into the much darker greys once you near the end of the skincolor's range? I have no idea how one goes about setting up a skincolor, so I might just be spouting nonsense.

also teal actually looks good aw yis

*wanders in, sees the Deep Sea Zone Gifs*

Giiiiiihhh....*makes a raspy gasp sound and stares*

Those. Look. Amazing! You guys just keep one-upping yourselves! I was already looking forward to the new DSZ and this is just more hype on the pile. (I mean, I like the current version just fine, minus the bustable block maze that I always do my best to avoid, but holy cow, this upgrade looks phenomenal).

The better looking flickies are neat too.

tl;dr: When ACZ2 and ACZ3 are done, 2.2 will be prepared for release. Anything else that's also done gets to join for the ride.

This is actually a pretty reasonable way to release content, especially considering you guys are doing this for fun/hobbyists.

Also, as ACZ1 my favourite level in the game at the moment, I'm very much looking forward to more of it!

Keep up the great work, guys!

i cant create my own server

hi,
for some reason i cant port forward my computer in any way
so can you work on a tool that allows anyone to create their own server?

hi,
for some reason i cant port forward my computer in any way
so can you work on a tool that allows anyone to create their own server?

1. This belongs to the Help section of the forum.
2. You need to log into your router and need to port forward UDP Port 5029 to your PC. Since each router works independently and differs from router to router, such a tool can't be made.

Not asking for a specific date or anything, but shouldn't we be getting pretty close to 2.2?

Sent from my XT1021 using ********

Ah, see, the problem with that sentiment is that a lot of people have inquired about that, and as per the common rules of spitefulness, every time someone mentions a 2.2 release date we have to push it back another two weeks. Sorry.

Honestly, we do have enough little things we could show off for another preview post on the main site, but it's all been posted in IRC so I can't convince anyone to put it all in a post.

I agree with this statement, I don't really check the IRC often...

(Considering I might be on the akick list on IRC)

We forum goers should have at least a similar fairness (besides, it'd be nice to comment on something a dev screwed up)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back