SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > SRB2 Discussion

Old 06-02-2020   #1
Neon The Fox

Default SRB2 and SRB2K on Flathub

Well, I found some SRB2 and SRB2 Kart packages on Flathub.
Links to them: https://www.flathub.org/apps/details/org.srb2.SRB2
https://flathub.org/apps/details/org.srb2.SRB2Kart

Last edited by Neon The Fox; 06-04-2020 at 08:54 PM. Reason: deleted the links by accident
Neon The Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020   #2
TehPuertoRicanSpartan

what is Flathub and what is Flatpak?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
I agree with Silver on this one, could you please refrain from using cuss words?
TehPuertoRicanSpartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020   #3
Neon The Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehPuertoRicanSpartan View Post
what is Flathub and what is Flatpak?
Copied from Wikipedia: Flatpak (formerly xdg-app) is a software utility for software deployment and package management for Linux. It is advertised as offering a sandbox environment in which users can run application software in isolation from the rest of the system
Old 06-03-2020   #4
NeonSynth
(formerly EggVaan)

Would love if STJr would upload them both as flatpak and snaps officially (via snapcraft.io). The PPA is way too unreliable as SteelT still hasn't made a build for Ubuntu 20.04. So far I'm better off with wine.
NeonSynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020   #5
Neon The Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by EggVaan View Post
Would love if STJr would upload them both as flatpak and snaps officially (via snapcraft.io). The PPA is way too unreliable as SteelT still hasn't made a build for Ubuntu 20.04. So far I'm better off with wine.
I know, thatíd be good, but the unofficial build seems to have malicious ententions, so I removed the link. Get it at your own risk. And yeah, Iím gonna use wine too.
Old 06-04-2020   #6
Vlad Freeman
JF-049

Builds from flathub.org doesn't seem to contain any malicious code. Neither my inspection nor virustotal didn't tell anything suspicious.
What signs of it being a virus do you see?
Vlad Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020   #7
Neon The Fox

oh, I actually didnít notice there was nothing wrong with it. Someone said it was bad and corrupted their Debian package (this was on Chrome OS) so maybe chrome os just couldnít handle it. Iíll add the links back.

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad Freeman View Post
Builds from flathub.org doesn't seem to contain any malicious code. Neither my inspection nor virustotal didn't tell anything suspicious.
What signs of it being a virus do you see?
So, who actually did these builds? And Iím guessing it just doesnít work on Chrome OS (Linux) and freaks out. Iím still gonna have to use wine though, which is fine with me.

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

update #2: just found out that SRB2 is Now online with emscripten! Cool! Iím gonna use that while at home, and when Iím out (after the current world crisis) use it on wine! So thatís all good
Old 06-04-2020   #8
Vlad Freeman
JF-049

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon The Fox View Post
So, who actually did these builds?
There is only one contributor to the package on Flathub: https://github.com/flathub/org.srb2....s/contributors
So if you have any questions, feel free to message him.
Vlad Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #9
SIG7
SIG7Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon The Fox View Post
So, who actually did these builds? And Iím guessing it just doesnít work on Chrome OS (Linux) and freaks out. Iím still gonna have to use wine though, which is fine with me.
SRB2 does run on a ChromeBook, I am using one right now, there is only one problem with FlatHub apps and when you have some audio in the b/ground, it mutes the flathub apps
i need memebers to keep these alive https://discord.gg/uwZRkas https://discord.gg/enAhkBp
SIG7 is offline   Reply With Quote